Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop][Shows] Podcasts and Videos on Desktop

I'm really excited about the addition of podcasts on Spotify for mobile devices, but I wanted to listen to them on my work computer.  Do you have an estimate for when this will be available on the Desktop?

Updated on 2017-07-14

Hey folks! Starting with version 1.0.58, Desktop users will be able to find Podcast and Video in Your Library in the left navigation bar. 

Comments
Edkot

Would love to listen to my podcasts on my desktop. I usually start listening to an episode at work with my Anroid phone and it would be really great to finish listening the episode on my PC.

crematedman

much needed +1

BethanyOwen

I really hope this happens soon because I tend to use the desktop app for Spotify so much more often than the mobile app and I LOVE podcasts. ❤️

bluechips23

Will this ever be implemented in our lifetime?

bravenew1

I wasn't really excited about podcasts on Spotify. I use a very robust client on my mobile.

But desktop, I thought. Yes perfect, it will back up all my content in case the inevitable happens and

I will be able to listen at my workstation. Au Contraire. If you want to bring an idea you need to fully

commit. Bring the podcast content to the desktop client. Perhaps even partner with some of the other

platforms out there. i.e. pocketcasts or Podcast and Radio addict or Castbox or Stitcher. IOS users chime in.

Really this is how you rule the world .

With love,

Brave.New.World

Nobistik

Honestly this is my biggest frustration with Spotfiy, you guys have done so much and you can even play the podcasts through desktop if you work around. Why not just finish it and add it to the desktop already guys! We've been waitng for almost a year now. Your service is amazing! but to half do something like this really does look kinda lazy.

dani3lthomas

ANY UPDATE!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?

Please keep your paying customers upto date on this. 

bruxc

Hey everyone,

Reporting in from another thread. I didn't realize this one existed. Here's another thread with many people expressing some of the same concerns:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/001/message-id/173024

I wouldn't mind creating a petition if people are willing to sign it. Only caveat is I'm not sure how I would go about starting one so if this is an area of interest please feel free to chime in. I wouldn't mind doing all the work to get it up and ready for signing. Perhaps this may expedite an update from Spotify.

dani3lthomas

The few sites I know that do online Petitions are Change.org, thepetitionsite.com, and ipetitions.com

Not sure if one is better than the other.

bruxc

Hello, all.

Here's the petition in case any one wants to participate. If you should have any recommendations please express yourself freely for I encourage and welcome and support provided.

https://www.change.org/p/daniel-ek-integrate-podcast-functionality-on-all-non-mobile-spotify-platfor...