Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop][Shows] Podcasts and Videos on Desktop

I'm really excited about the addition of podcasts on Spotify for mobile devices, but I wanted to listen to them on my work computer.  Do you have an estimate for when this will be available on the Desktop?

Updated on 2017-07-14

Hey folks! Starting with version 1.0.58, Desktop users will be able to find Podcast and Video in Your Library in the left navigation bar. 

Comments
JaMarcin

Do we get this feature from this century?

SubzeroSC

Its funny that you can view the UI for Podcasts is ready by playing ot via Spotify Connect to your desktop and clicking the "album cover", will navigating the desktop clint to the podcast UI. Why is this not enabled in the "Brwoser" section since the actual podcasts UI is available is the question.

spotmesomesongs

We definitely have the technology

ryanoconr

I just updated Spotify and I've now got a Podcasts option under My Library on the left hand side where it shows podcasts that I've listened to. I've also noticed that podcasts are now showing up under search results as well

meahtenoha
Status changed to: Implemented

Updated on 2017-07-14

Hey folks! Starting with version 1.0.58, Desktop users will be able to find Podcast and Video in Your Library in the left navigation bar. 

OleM89

I had the podcast function on my desktop, but now I can't find it anywhere. Has it been removed? I was listnening to a podcast, and I am not able to find it again... It works with no problems on my android phone.

rufusjivefunk

Hello,

So I love a good podcast.  I also like to easily find them.   the desktop version of Spotify sucks for finding pod casts; after you follow just one podcast.

Scenario:  O hey Spotify has a pod cast tab im going ot click on it and see what they got.....it says im not folowing anything go to browse or click here......  sweet tonnes of podcasts.   I follow one and listen to a few .... hey i wonder what else they have ... go to podcasts again and......

Absolutly no way to search for a podcast.    podcast tab has the one podcast I follow and no way to search from that tab.   o hey maybe i should go to browse ... **bleep** nothing there for podcasts.   well i guess i will search "podcast"  nothing just users that have podcast or playlists.  

SO i have to go unfollow the one podcast I am following and tada! i can use the link to look at podcasts. 

I was in the mood for some talk of bicycles so i search bicycle ...... yeah you guessed it it searches and returns all songs artists and users that have bicycle.

So Spotify please let me follow a pod cast and then be able to look for other podcasts and alos let me search for key words within a podcast or amoung many podcasts.

I pay you $10 a month so I hope that you respond with action.

Thanks,

B.

redbeanswisco

I'm using 1.0.58 on a mac and podcasts are not still not available. 

sashko

I have 1.0.59 and it is still not possible! The heck, Spotify?

filsed

I have1.0.59.395 on Mac and still no podcasts...