Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop][Shows] Podcasts and Videos on Desktop

I'm really excited about the addition of podcasts on Spotify for mobile devices, but I wanted to listen to them on my work computer.  Do you have an estimate for when this will be available on the Desktop?

Updated on 2017-07-14

Hey folks! Starting with version 1.0.58, Desktop users will be able to find Podcast and Video in Your Library in the left navigation bar. 

Comments
Kenrae

And of course, for the Windows Phone version too 😞

dgannon

It has been a WHILE since thsi was originally posted or commented on by staff. Any updates? 

jays

I love Spotify, but I've say that I'm a bit disappointed to the lack of podcasts in the desktop version. It might be that podcasts are more generally used on the go, but there users who would like to listen them at home; believe it or not.

It would be fair from Spotify to provide an update of this issue an open up the initial schedule and maybe the reasons why we are still waiting for this feature. Silence is not probably the best way to handle these issues, since Spotify is the one who should bring music and podcasts to people 🙂

csantiago66

Please please please make listening to podcasts on desktop possible! For anyone who see's this, I've found a roundabout way to do it, but it's annoying. I bring up the podcast on my iPhone Spotify App and play it for a few seconds or so. Then, I open up the desktop I want to listen to it on, usually, it will sync up and I will get that pop-up on the desktop and iPhone that notes "listen to this on..." and then I choose the desktop.

C'mon, Spotify! Please make this happen. As a subscriber, I would be so grateful!

cdel1

This really needs to happen ASAP Spotify. I dont want to have to use Itunes to manage podcasts.

Sbran14

Any Update on this ? really want it on the desktop 

jays

I'm dissappointed to the way that Spotify handles this 😞 I thought that Spotify really listens to its customers and keeps them up to data on these issues. Where is the customer centricity, openness and agility? Do you care of your customers?

ANY UPDATE !!!!!!!! LETS GO SPOTIFY GET YOUR #@*% TOGETHER I PAY TO MUCH TO NOT HAVE THIS SIMPLE FEATURE THAT APPLE MUSIC HAS.

drethis

I find it strange this feature isn't implemented on Desktop. What was the reasoning behind that? I normally listen to podcasts on my commute, but sometimes I can't finish it by the time I reach work. I'd like to continue listening to podcasts while I'm in the office without the need to stay connected to my phone.

Thanks.

Rhunter3398

As a college student who loves on campus, it's a bummer to not have a seamless experience when listening to podcasts.