Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop][Shows] Podcasts and Videos on Desktop

I'm really excited about the addition of podcasts on Spotify for mobile devices, but I wanted to listen to them on my work computer.  Do you have an estimate for when this will be available on the Desktop?

Updated on 2017-07-14

Hey folks! Starting with version 1.0.58, Desktop users will be able to find Podcast and Video in Your Library in the left navigation bar. 

Comments
bvleonov

This is ridiculous! Why would you not have total parity accross your devices, especially for something as simple as a podcast? Anyway, what's with the assumption that we all want to use our phones? I'm just curious, who decided that this was a feature to not include, and what was their reasoning for it? (The lack of podcast support on PC is as flabbergasting as the iPhone 7 not having a headphone jack... like you did WHAT!? REALLY?!)

dharma2b

C'mon, Spotify, we're waiting... As a Premium customer, who couldn't get into the new itunes music, I stayed with you guys.  Give us a Xmas gift of the desktop version of podcasts & videos - PLEASE!

dani3lthomas

I alos noticed that there is no way to access Podcasts on my phone while in Android Auto mode. **bleep**, Spotify I do not think you realize the potential market you are loosing, and will loose, becasue of this lack of functionality.Screenshot_20161215-084737.png

akreun

Any update on this?

JSM357

pweeeeetty pweasse, with a chewwy on top tumblr_m7k4xxwxn11rwcc6bo1_500

pyancey0

Just voting for desktop app podcast funcationality!! 

pyancey0

Another vote for desktop Podcast access!

gibbat

Cant understand why im not able to search/play from desktop app the usual podcast i play from android or iPhone/iPad . 

the trick is , google for the podcast and open the link with your android/ios browser if it's not directly available . the funny-ness is that webplayer works on desktop too, why not able to access the podcast directly from desktop app? then it's useless to use a desktop app if not all features are implemented...

mdtwyne

Two general thoughts: First, the feature set (and even more importantly content offering) should be standardized across devices whenever possible.  Second, from a purely tech perspective, I would assume a desktop environment to support and offer more advanced features than mobile, not fewer.

chusfm

It would be grat to watch video clip on spotify