[Desktop] View larger Album Art

I would like to view the the album artwork at a bigger resolution. Full screen if it was possible.

Updated on 2019-03-20

Hey folks, 

Thanks for adding your vote to this idea. 

On Desktop It's possible to expand album artwork to full screen by clicking the two diagonal arrows in the bottom right of the screen (next to the volume bar).

Thanks!

Comments
Sergeplex

I like having Spotify playing in the backgrond, so it would be nice to have the album art in full screen, like on windows media player. Please it would be nice to see this and i'm sure a lot of others would too.

brennie

Yes bigger cover art.

And liner notes/reveiws would be great.

Alexhatch

Hi. I was just wondering is it possible to clear you recently played on your PC/Mac because I can’t find a way to do it.

Alexhatch

Spotify in the lastest update you made the album artwork smaller which I think doesn’t look as good and it would be great if you could make it bigger again. Before and after update photos 

92C1446E-424A-4738-AC37-7AB0755B30CC.png

D93A34CB-E47D-4C97-81AA-14B78780479D.png

Alexhatch

Spotify I was just wondering Is it possible to hide the panel on the left hand side of the page on the Mac/PC version of Spotify? Thanks 

Tom
Spotify Legend
Status changed to: Implemented

Updated on 2019-03-20

Hey folks, 

Thanks for adding your vote to this idea. 

On Desktop It's possible to expand album artwork to full screen by clicking the two diagonal arrows in the bottom right of the screen (next to the volume bar).

Thanks!

sheebz3

**bleep**!!!!!!!!!!!!! I MA SO HAPPPYY!!!!!!! THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DrRockzo
True, but you can't zoom in and inspect the details. My only gripe, but
thanks for the reply.
agentGav
Except no, it doesn't do that.

It makes a larger image against a shaded background and, if you mouse over
the mouse it adds all the text /etc. It's a great example of the ui getting
in the way of the ux.

You wouldn't do this with a movie, why do it with art? Album covers exist
for a reason.

This thread is so old now, I doubt anything will change as its clearly not
a priority.

RevWaldo

@Tom wrote:

I'm not seeing it. Is this only available with Premium? How about a screenprint with big red circles and arrows and such? 🙂