[Desktop] View larger Album Art

I would like to view the the album artwork at a bigger resolution. Full screen if it was possible.

Updated on 2019-03-20

Hey folks, 

Thanks for adding your vote to this idea. 

On Desktop It's possible to expand album artwork to full screen by clicking the two diagonal arrows in the bottom right of the screen (next to the volume bar).

Thanks!

Comments

Yes, album artwork is something I miss from the CD/vinyl world. The 'complete collection' app is ok, but it should have been FULL SCREEN. The magnifying effect is not satisfactory. 

So, if Spotify makes artwork available, make it full screen please. 

Another thing. On the artist page, there shoud at least be an active link to the artist's homepage, and maybe even an option to subscribe to any new releases of this artist. 

Hi - I'm a new premium subscriber. Please make this happen pronto.

Thanks!

come on spotify,.....i want larger album art...please? 

Being able to view larger album art is definitely something I miss. Spotify has essentially replaced all of my other music-consumption software over the past year, to the point where I don't even feel the need to keep music files on my phone. That being said, iTunes has trained us all so well to expect things to behave a certain way, so not being able to access larger album art is a bit jarring.

Casual Listener

I think a visualizer would also do swell with this.

this really needs to be done. it's a major functionality factor. although some don't link album art with the music, for other's it's of huge importance. it seems like an easy thing to just add a popout function for larger art viewing, so please do it guys!

This idea is long overdue.  Many people still buy CD's/Vinyl for the album art; of course, that can't be duplicated virtually, but adding something tangible to a collection is what makes it a collection.  Apple understands this and has for a decade now.  I am convinced more people would subscribe to Spotify if album covers could be displayed full screen and sifted through.

Hopefully all the other competitors will drive Spotify to update the way album art gets presented.

I have a phone permanently mounted in the car in landscape orientation and it would be nice to see the album art bigger than currently. It is a nice size in portrait but the way the skip/play are arranged takes way too much room from album art.

Thanks

Mixu

Yes Spotify, please do this! I would personally love to set my laptop or phone aside and just see the album art, song and artist title. 

Regular

My two cents on this is that I perfer the album art being larger. That's one of the things that drew me to Spotify initially (It's small but its better than many). 

Playlists are boring. Theres not much to see there that I don't already know about. Instead, why not put the playing album there when something is playing? Pausing or clicking a button could return you to the playlist by hiding the control. You could include other albums and even a possible discover feature right there in the playing section. Maybe something like this:Album art concept

At least I would prefer the always there option over clicking the album art to see it.