[Desktop] View larger Album Art

I would like to view the the album artwork at a bigger resolution. Full screen if it was possible.

Updated on 2019-03-20

Hey folks, 

Thanks for adding your vote to this idea. 

On Desktop It's possible to expand album artwork to full screen by clicking the two diagonal arrows in the bottom right of the screen (next to the volume bar).

Thanks!

Comments
EliotLeo
Casual Listener

The mockup by agentGav is perfect, or at least MUCH better. ADDITIONALLY, it seems they removed the idea completely. As I see no "double arrow" nor a "fullscreen" option.

kidcreate

This fullscreen button is quite hidden; I didn't even discover it until this post! I think fullscreen play and artwork can also be introduced to the hover state of the artwork on the desktop app as it is more  intuitive to click on the cover when you want to see the artwork. On the webapp, you could then replace the play button hover state with this icon, and keep the green play button under the artwork.Frame 1.png

abwman
Visitor

Hi, 

I understand this feature was implemented on the desktop version, but it's still not on the mobile devices, and honestly, this is the most used platform if you ask me.

Please update it on there as well. That would be great, amongst other things.

Thanks

agentGav

It hasn't been implemented.   Spotify's definition of 'full screen' is not actually full screen at all, and is actively detrimental to the artwork.  Given this is ending up on people's monitors and TVs, I find it quite odd that they are happy with it as a user-experience. 

I mocked up what it could look like here, which would be equally applicable to mobile.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Implemented-Ideas/Desktop-View-larger-Album-Art/idc-p/4742374/highl...

2027jb
Visitor

I don't have the two diagonal lines at the bottom right corner. What do I do?