Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Discount Family Subscriptions!

Before I made the switch from Rdio to Spotify they (Rdio) came up with a pricing model that allowed families to purchase a slightly discounted subscription.  

$9.99 for single unlimited user

$17.99 for 2 family members (20% discount)

$22.99 for 3 family members (50% discount)

Would love to see a similar pricing model so the rest of the family could get in on the action!

Updated: 2015-04-23

Hey folks! We've introduced Spotify Family. With Premium for Family, you and up to 5 members of the same household can each enjoy their own Premium account. All for one discounted price of $14.99.

Thanks for your kudos in the Community--we want your feedback.

Comments
Blackmamba

Any updates to this thread?

I have about 5 ppl that would take advantage of this pricing model if made available.

JumpMusic

I listen to Spotify 8+ hours a day working from home (Unlimited Account).  Some sort of +1 user account, where you can add subs to an existing account, would be very useful for my family to be able to listen too.

bobbydacron

I agree my wife and I should be able to listen to music that we don't own, if we are paying for it. Take a look at sirius radio for example, 2nd user is 50% discount. Target price should be no more than $14.99.

flywebguy

I've been struggling along with my wife and I having two accounts... but its a serious pain when she hops on my laptop while I'm out listening to Spotify in the car... she bumps me off my account.

Need the ability to have "family plans" or the ability for one account to play from multiple devices at the same time.  Netflix does the later, and Pandora does the family plan.

BluePhoenix01
This is definitely the largest gripe I have with the Premium account now, I have decided that I will cancel the membership when my trial ends, until this gets resolved. Is there an official mailing list or notification one can join to be notified when this gets added?
Peter__

You can subscribe to this topic if you like, so you get a new email each time someone replies from the "Topic Options" at the top. If this does become available, one of the staff will post an implemented message here.

Peter

BluePhoenix01
Great, thanks Peter. I have already done that, just wasn't sure if there was another place.
jimgoings

I would pay full price for each member of a family plan.  I just want to be able to link our accounts together so my kids don't have my credit card info on their accounts.  One bill for all of us would be a step in the right direction, discount or not.

felixcervin

Many would just take advantage of this feature. Like people who are not in your family. Friends for example. How much of  a discount should you get then if you just "happen" to have 40 "family members".

grJoe

There are plenty of ways to limit it - first of all limit the size of the "family", check IP-Address, check GeoLocation, check if they are also on facebook related (spotify already checks the country you live in on facebook anyway), ...