Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Discount Family Subscriptions!

Before I made the switch from Rdio to Spotify they (Rdio) came up with a pricing model that allowed families to purchase a slightly discounted subscription.  

$9.99 for single unlimited user

$17.99 for 2 family members (20% discount)

$22.99 for 3 family members (50% discount)

Would love to see a similar pricing model so the rest of the family could get in on the action!

Updated: 2015-04-23

Hey folks! We've introduced Spotify Family. With Premium for Family, you and up to 5 members of the same household can each enjoy their own Premium account. All for one discounted price of $14.99.

Thanks for your kudos in the Community--we want your feedback.

Comments
Gerardoprzr

i need help, i have already upgraded my account to spotify family with one extra user, but when i  try to activate it it only shows this message

For some reason, your code isn't being accepted. This could be because you're already a Premium subscriber. Or it could be a technical glitch. Please make sure you entered your code correctly, and contact our customer service team if you continue to have problems.

nickwhit

Do famly users have to split their Your Music allowance (10,000 songs) between accounts?

boudewijndanser

It's great that the family plan has arrived, but it should be made easier join / setup.

Give this idea some kudos if you think so too. 

PrvdE

Hi there,

After receiving the email fm Spotify with the FAMILY PLAN details I signed up immediately for my wife and daughter. They received invitation emails, so far so good. But now they've been trying to accept the invitation....to no avail. The code given by the system doesnt work. Emails to Spotify with HELP questions  receive nothing but a standard reply......

We're STUCK with this and I'm tempted to cancle my family plan.....anyone has tips???

Prvde

MattSuda

@PrvdE 

If you got an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it telling them you still need help.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

Lyslo

Hello! 

Spotify Family seems great! I am just wondering if the invited family members need to wait until their Premium Subscription has become a Spotify Free (after cancellation) before they can accept the invitation to join a family membership? Can I upgrade to Spotify Family once my account is Spotify Free and then have 3 pending invitations for the other members? If so, they will be able to join one by one once their status is Spotify Free.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Oyvind

MattSuda

@Lyslo 

They will have to cancel their premium subscription and wait until they have dropped to the free plan before they can be added to your family plan.

You can view the family help guide for more information:

https://support.spotify.com/learn-more/guides/#!/article/spotify-family

If you have any trouble or questions,

I suggest you contact support so they can help you

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

You can also tweet to @SpotifyCares on Twitter for help.

dkallrot

Impossible to create an family account, I'm I the only one finding unnecessary difficult - can anyone help?

Allan

MattSuda
meahtenoha
Status changed to: Implemented

Updated: 2015-04-23

Hey folks! We've introduced Spotify Family. With Premium for Family, you and up to 5 members of the same household can each enjoy their own Premium account. All for one discounted price of $14.99.

Thanks for your kudos in the Community--we want your feedback.