Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Discount Family Subscriptions!

Before I made the switch from Rdio to Spotify they (Rdio) came up with a pricing model that allowed families to purchase a slightly discounted subscription.  

$9.99 for single unlimited user

$17.99 for 2 family members (20% discount)

$22.99 for 3 family members (50% discount)

Would love to see a similar pricing model so the rest of the family could get in on the action!

Updated: 2015-04-23

Hey folks! We've introduced Spotify Family. With Premium for Family, you and up to 5 members of the same household can each enjoy their own Premium account. All for one discounted price of $14.99.

Thanks for your kudos in the Community--we want your feedback.

Comments
mpurser

Families are already using the service from a single account by using the Offline function.  Just a bit of a pain now and again when 2 people play tracks at the same time or Spotify being played on Sonos and used somewhere else on a mobile.  I think that there are a large number of people like myself who would pay extra to avoid the hassle.

baz17

As there is only one working in my household, I can only afford one account.  If we could have a discounted second account we would have two, therefore spending more money on your product.  But £9.99 each is a little much. £14.99 for two, or even £16.99 is more feasable.

JMS2

I have used the old Spotify Open a lot and also tested the Premium. Currently I am paying NOTHING for the Spotify just because of this missing family/multistream feature.  Its not a question about the price, that would not be a problem, but usability. We have a family of four people and even if we would have four premium accounts everytime the audio systems (MediaPC, Logitech Squeezebox, or tablet) at home is opened the new personal login information should be entered or the music is cut from someones account. This extra maneuver is unacceptable and just because it makes absolutely no sense I am not buying separate premium accounts for these devices.

The thing why we are not paying anything is that if Spotify (or other such service) cannot deliver a full easy service, I will still have to upkeep my MP3 library. I would prefer not to, but currently I have to. If in either case I have to have full MP3 library, I can just as well use that for free and without any of these "digital rights management"-based multistream problems. Currently, in family use using only MP3s is just easier (and also cheaper or even free thru piracy), but I would love to pay for a good troublefree music streaming service! With simultaneous support for multiple devices Spotify would fill my needs.

And by the way, please make this happen quickly. I dont think it will take anymore that many years before we have some easy free software suite to stream music from your computer at home to all your mobile devices on the move. Such systems are already easily available inside your home network. If the great masses (now using bittorrent etc) learn to use such a software before you make a good troublefree service available as paid service, you will probably lose a lot of these potential customers for a very long time.

eyeman

Are there going to be any family-subscription on Spotify? We are 5 familymembers that want an account.

bbriels

I would very much like to have a family spotify account.

It would be great if you could listen to and edit shared playlists. A great miss nowadays!

anthonypeake

I am very keen to see a family subscription available.

jsleeper

Ditto - I just bought my daughter an iPod touch solely to use Spotify - I use on my iPhone and it's pretty much the way I listen to music now.  I want her to be able to have offline playlists (for when travelling or whatever) and be able to explore different types of music on her own while at home or on someone else's wifi - you'd think there would be a family plan - I'd get my wife an account as well.

m_coldham

Please do this! I don't want to spend 10 more pounds a month, and my brother and I are always using our Spotify account at the same time...

Watolla

Now, we share one account and kick out each other from time to time. A bit anoying but still not worth paying double the price. With a discount scheme as above we would consider it. And, our kids are growing and will need some additional account(s) in the future.

Start adopting your Business Model to Todays needs and try not to change the world around you.

thanks

neo-x

Sharing of accounts isn't allowed according to Spotify rules. They are considered as Personal. Sure having the need of several premium subscriptions within the family is where I'm at. I'v got my own and wife got her own. Surely wish this gets done and we get offered discounts. Surely I think that the 10€ per month of Spotify is cheap

when considering to go and buy the music you want to listen to.