Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Discover Weekly] Like & Dislike Buttons

While discovering new music is of course full of adventure and wonder when you find music you've never heard of, especially when you fall in love.
The spotify personalized discover weekly playlists was a phenomenal idea and so far I'm loving my playlist. But there's a song on there I KNOW I don't like, and I wish I could ban that artist from ever showing up again.
If developers added a like or dislike button, or even a ban artist feature, it would make discovering music more personalized. If you know you don't ever want to discover another Kenny Chesney song ever again, you should be able to voice that. If you like discovering a certain kind of song, that "like" should be heard so you can discover more of it. I'm looking forward to my next playlist, I just wish it was more "personalized".

Updated on 2018-07-03

Hey,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this idea in the Community.

We’re excited to announce that Like & Dislike Buttons have now been made available for Discover Weekly.
Be sure you're on the latest version of Spotify to get rocking with any updates.

Thanks!

Comments
Intraluminal

Being able to exclude an artist would be wonderful.

arabacus

Yes please! this is an essential feature

Uhkaja

When there is an artist I dislike very passionately that keeps coming up on one of the autogenerated playlists and I keep skipping that song... It makes me frustrated and kills my vibe.
Please add this feature, and please make it so that you can just skip that artist or song. I like similar songs to that artist, but this artist and I don't get along. Don't make me leave spotify just to get away from that artist! 

Also, this will allow you to understand your users tastes better so that you can suggest new music with greater affect.

kingfisher01

I want suggestions in certain genres, yet there are 1d4 artists in several categories that I never want to listen to. I do not use your discovery service primarily because it puts up artists I dont like every day, and I have no way to stop getting them except manually skipping them.

Gregbogs

This would help with all the Spotify made playlists and would make the experience of those playlists so much more enjoyable.  My daughter used Spotify in he past before I had a premium account and my release radar still thinks I like Shawn Mendes and One Direction!!  It drives me insane that this type of music is on my Radar and I cannot remove it!!!

pbadmin

Get this implemented. No more Space Rock

britne

I used to love the Discover Weekly playlist, but lately it's just been terrible. Got here by searching "why does my spotify discover weekly suck now" - I haven't found the answer but maybe you'll fix it soon.

laikasrevenge

Awesome, this would be the #1 killer feature for me.

hannahnoelle727

I 100% agree!! I came on here to say the same thing!

I get a LOT of song covers and I am NOT a fan of song covers. I too wish there was a way to dislike a song so that similar ones don't pop up. 

For example, this week I got THREE covers of Closer on my Discover Weekly. THREE!!!! That's too much of that same songs, cover or not. 

Malaka_Jones

Yes please!