Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Discover Weekly] Remove certain Songs

It would be nice if there was a way to remove a song from the Discover Weekly playlist. Overall, Spotify picks some pretty good songs for the playlist. However, there are always a couple songs I don't like. It would be nice if I could delete the song from the playlist just like I can for any other playlists I put together.

Updated on 2018-08-29

Hey folks,

Thanks for sharing your feedback here in the Community.

We're pleased to confirm that it's now possible to like or dislike tracks in your Discover Weekly playlist.Screen Shot 2018-08-29 at 15.30.29.png

If you dislike a track, it will also be removed from your Discover Weekly playlist.

Thanks again for coming to the Idea Exchange!
We appreciate all of the comments.

/M

Comments
cantorbob

I AGREE WITH THE SW - THERE SHOULD BE A WAY TO EDIT DISCOVERY WEEKLY - MOST OF THE SONGS ARE GREAT - BUT THIS WEEK - "KUNG FU IS MY BUSINESS"  WHICH EMPHASIZES THE WORD B--TCH  IS SOMETHING I DONT WANT TO EVER LISTEN TO AGAIN.  NOT A TECH, BUT THERE MUST BE SOMEWAY EASY TO MAKE THIS HAPPEN - PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHEN IT DOES - AND IF U CAN TELL  WHOMEVER MAKES MY LIST  (IS IT A ROBOT?) THAT I CAN DO WITHOUT SONGS WITH DIRTY WORDS SUCH AS F--K, AND ALL THAT STUFF - I WOULD APPRECIATE IT.  CANTOR BOB COHEN

GunLemming

So 2 years after the original request, yet nothing has been done. So I guess it's really unlikely to happen, but it is frustrating when you're driving to hear that 1 song that just doesn't work, and trying to change it. Just needs a good ol' "nope" button or auto skip on song. 

Like a ban list on songs which we could add globally, so no matter where they pop-up it'll just skip right away.

cantorbob
The points made by Gun Lemming are excellent. I am referring especially to
songs with curse words like b.tch, f.k, and other such. I certainly don't
want them any more on my Discovery Weekly nor do many of your Spotifiers.
Enough already. Get rid of them. And/or give us a way to erase them from
our Weekly Discovery lists - it shouldn't be that hard. I really appreciate
the songs you pick for me every week - many wonderful discoveries - but
would really like to be able to listen without having to listen to songs
with filthy language. I think that Spotify should reply as it seems there
are a number of us unhappy with this issue. Thank you, Shalom, Cantor Bob
Cohen
ABR1

I regularly listen to Discover Weekly and Release Radar - sometimes playing it again later in the week. Often I find an annoying song that I don't want to listen to and skip, this often occurs with one particular artist. What I'm finding is that the same artist comes up in other playlists later on, and Spotify seems to be 'learning' that I like an artist that I actively don't.

The function to remove songs from these personally curated playlists should be relatively straightforward and help improve customer satisfaction. Even if additional 'learning' didn't take place from the removal of a song, making this change would stop spotify 'learning' something that's wrong.

SuperSempai13

So my account was hacked a few months ago, and while I changed all my passwords and haven't had any incidence since- the music of my hacker was actually awful and Spotify Discover Weekly keeps putting that genre in my top playlist. The music is the complete opposite of what I enjoy and it's ruining my overall experience since it keeps recommending me that genre. Is there any way to make this stop? I haven't purposefully listened to any of it for months now and it refuses to go away. It's really infuriating. Is there any way someone can help me??

Anhqvo

Half of my playlist is in Tagalog or Thai... **bleep**!? I never listened to those types of music before! There must be a way to correct suggested music. Pandora has that functionality 

danlasota

Me too.

stefanahman

Somehow I've some Finnish music into my Weekly that I really don't enjoy.

The AI must think that this is what I like, how can I get rid of it?

danlasota
In the far right column on the Desktop platform (at least for Mac OS
X), there is now a "Don't Like" button, which will mute the song and
prompt Spotify to say something like "We won't include songs like this
in the future".

The disadvantage is, while you can mute/remove songs you don't like on
the Desktop, your actions don't translate to the same Discover Weekly
list on a mobile device. At least that is true for me with the Spotify
App on my iPhone. In fact, on the iPhone App, the Dislike button is
not even present.

My expectation is that changes to lists I make on my Desktop would be
reflected on all the devices that I sign into.
2511-de

I think it is super annoying that this is not possible (to delete songs from the playlist)