Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Discover Weekly] Remove certain Songs

It would be nice if there was a way to remove a song from the Discover Weekly playlist. Overall, Spotify picks some pretty good songs for the playlist. However, there are always a couple songs I don't like. It would be nice if I could delete the song from the playlist just like I can for any other playlists I put together.

Updated on 2018-08-29

Hey folks,

Thanks for sharing your feedback here in the Community.

We're pleased to confirm that it's now possible to like or dislike tracks in your Discover Weekly playlist.Screen Shot 2018-08-29 at 15.30.29.png

If you dislike a track, it will also be removed from your Discover Weekly playlist.

Thanks again for coming to the Idea Exchange!
We appreciate all of the comments.

/M

Comments
ccpsl

+1

This is one of the most frustrating things about Discover Weekly.  Something as simple as the Thumbs Up/Down option that is already available in Radio would be sufficient and would allow the more random selections to be editted out.

Horatious666

PLease give us this option.

fartboy

Why not? It seems pretty straightforward to implement and highly valued!

sam_dawn

Spotify weekly is my favorite part of spotify and one of the reasons i value spotify enough to keep my premium subscription, but sometimes I get songs that are EXTREMELY inappropriate, especially for work, even with the privacy of my headphones. The ability to easily remove a song like in the Daily Mixes would be a huge add for me.

matt-spencer

+1 I want this! I like to widdle the Discover Weekly playlist down to just the songs I wouldn't mind hearing for the rest of the week. Skipping doesn't suffice, this feature would be great!

Right I move my Discover Weekly songs into a playlist called "D.W. Proving Grounds" and then I slowly delete the songs that don't make the cut. (Then any remaining songs that still stand out get moved into either "D.W. Honorable Mention" or some playlist I absolutlely love.) But lately, I fear that by taking the action of adding "so so & **bleep**"songs to a any playlist I am watering down Spotify's algorythms that guess my tastes, so I am hesitant to use this walk around anymore. (I would love to know if my assumption of songs added = weighted higher on algorythm is actually correct)

0Wayne

It would be good if you coud at least hide them so that they do not enter the queue. The playlists that a created and are expected to last longer, Time Capsule, would benefit from this change. For whatever reason I have songs from the Lion King between Massive Attack and Radiohead.

FrankensteinTJ

Implementing the ability for a user to remove an item from their Discover Weekly playlist would be a huge feature improvement for the end users. Not to mention imagine how much bandwidth could be saved by both parties, and the Spotify servers would enjoy less requests (aka skipping tracks) which in theory could lower their infrastructure costs, or at minimum it guarantees resources would be freed up for more users to enjoy Spotify simultaneously.

Aside from the technical stuff, Discover Weekly has helped me find so many great new songs and artists, I use pretty religiously every week. There's always some tracks that make my ears bleed and would love to just click a "minus" button to forever remove it from the playlist. Thank you Spotify, keep up the good work.

blenci

If you don't want to allow us to remove things from the Discover Weekly playlist, could you at least not mix genres? I get playlists with a mix of classical music and disco music. I would never listen to a playlist like that. The only thing I can do is create a new list with the songs I feel like listening to, which takes too long, and doesn't guarantee that it's going to be worth the trouble, since I don't know many of the choices. 

AntoninPaoli

Hello, 

I am a big fan of the "Discover Weekly" feature which I listen to every week!!!

However, I cannot stand having a bad track in the loop as it will stay in this playlist for 1 week. I mean if the algorithm is not able to provide only track that I like it is alright as it is not easy.

But please provide us a tool to rectify when the algorithm is totally wrong ! 

This week I am having this song coming again and again "California" from Jordee. What a pain to have this one... if you speak french, I let you enjoy the male chauvinist lyrics. If you are not, you can just listen to the song to figure it out it is the lamest one !

But thanks for the community service guys -> I just saw a comment which recommend to copy/paste your discover weekly playlist to another playlist on which you have more control ! (good point) 

Thanks xXx

gmarcus72
I've been receiving emails on this topic for years, Everytime another
Spotify user throws up his/her hands asking "why is this not possible?"
Why, Spotify, have you not done this? Seems pretty minor, really