Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Display total historical plays

On the top listened to songs for me spotify should show how many times you've listened to that song, like itunes e.g. does.

We're happy to announce that we've started rolling out play counts on top tracks in Spotify. Now you can check out how many total, global plays a top track has in Spotify. Right now, play counts are only available on top tracks in the desktop version but we plan to make play counts available on other platforms soon. Enjoy!

Comments
Kikamaca

Add my vote to this. In addition I would like to know which songs have been played the least (per playlist). I would like to see a "times listened to" number when viewing playlists and be able to sort by that statistic. That way I could see which tunes I haven't listened to (that much) yet.

This would be expecially useful in shared playlists, where others have recommended a ton of music and I'm not sure which tunes I've yet to hear.

xvampyricx

I just want to be able to see the individual playcount for each song in my library, so that way i can organize it by playcount and then play the songs i have yet to play.

TheCadd

Totally agree.

It's a real no brainer.  Can't think why they've never implemented it.

Jonesy

Hey it would be really cool if there was an option to sync play countns to iTunes. It would only work for local files (files that are automatically imported from iTunes anyway).

When you listen to them through Spotify, it would be great if the play count was updated in iTunes. Or if there was a syncronised play count stat between both programs.

Thanks!!

This feature would be the reason for me to switch to spotify

YES, A much needed feature, While last.fm is great I can't really do much with the data except look at, fun but not enough to use it for smart playlists which also needs to be a feature in spotify in order to convert me from iTunes.    Smart playlists would convince me to subsribe to premium!

DO IT!!

Rocio
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Hello folks,

Sorry for the delay on updating this thread, we really understand why you´d love to see this built, since it is a good idea. However, for now we have to mark this as "Not right now" since it doesn´t fit out our design philosophy. We are going to try and keep the app as minimalist as possible.

We might come back to this in the future so we will update you as soon as we get news.

Thank you all for your feedback and contribution, 🙂

HEY ROCIO PLEASE READ THIS:

"Sorry for the delay on updating this thread, we really understand why you´d love to see this built, since it is a good idea. However, for now we have to mark this as "Not right now" since it doesn´t fit out our design philosophy. We are going to try and keep the app as minimalist as possible."

So minimalist as possible? Are you kidding? Why there is apps I do not use or all this bloatware I do not care of like Downloads and Local files. You first should keep a Spotify really simple before you can say you are keeping it as minimal as possible... This is 18 MB app full of things I do not want like social **bleep** and so on.

All I want to do with Spotify is listening music, not more!

lemudnur

Not having play counts displayed (or the ability to sort according to them) is the sole reason why I hesitate keeping the Premium account after the free trial. Just add "View Options" and let people keep Spotify as minimalist as they like.

krikelin

Hi,

why can't we see play count on an album, like plays on Soundcloud?

play_count.png