Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Display total historical plays

On the top listened to songs for me spotify should show how many times you've listened to that song, like itunes e.g. does.

We're happy to announce that we've started rolling out play counts on top tracks in Spotify. Now you can check out how many total, global plays a top track has in Spotify. Right now, play counts are only available on top tracks in the desktop version but we plan to make play counts available on other platforms soon. Enjoy!

Comments
skrae

Spotify Crew, please do this. Playcounts are critical to managing your library. -skrae

kevin_d

This function is quite unnecessary since you can already scrobble to Last.FM and get much more detailed stats there than what you have on iTunes e.g...

Hirb753

A nice small feature would be a counter on the side of a song which counts how many times you've played it. 🙂 

MaHaX

+1 for me. Why not allow the users to select what columns they want to see in the user interface. Play count could be one of them. It would allow us to filter out the junk etc...

Robomuse

Was going to suggest this myself.  GREAT IDEA!  Let's get on it, Spotify.

GOBLUE80

I was just going to post this idea. It is a no brainer. In fact, they show "total plays" and actual playcounts for artists, albums, playlists on your facebook wall, so why not within the app?  The data clearly exists already. This has nothing to do with "minimalist" design.  Your PC app already looks like iTunes, just add a column for playcount. This would be a great feature for two reasons: 1) smart playlist creation/management 2) Social aspect... comparing top tracks to friends, total playcounts, etc.

I really want this feature too. I love how on Facebook it shares a graph of how many times you've listened to that song. I would like Spotify to have this feature in-built too. I am using Last.fm to scrobble my plays - but I just think it would be a really neat feature to have in the program too. I would like to see my top songs and be able to order by plays. Just read above that this does not fit into Spotify's design philosophy, as they want a minimalist and clean / simple design. I don't think that is going to subtract too much from the design. Just have it as another column between 'album' and 'added'. You could have it optionally turned on and off in preferences.

ixnyne
This would also be handy to see recently played tracks from the radio that I couldn't thumb's up in time because I was driving or something.
timtastic

Last.fm doesn't always work. Just to look in a playlist and see if I have played a song yet would be great.

chris111

I need this feature so much - just so I know which songs I haven't heard yet off playlists I follow.