Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Enable email registration to Spotify

It would be nice to be able to open up the registration system to more people not just Facebook. This idea will never disappear. I figued I'd post it here in this lovely new community of Spotify.

We’re delighted to offer our users yet another way to sign up to Spotify. New users can now get instant access to millions of songs simply by visiting www.spotify.com and providing an email address and username. People can also continue to sign up and log into Spotify with Facebook across iOS, Android and web for easy access to the ultimate social music experience.

Comments
Lucym
Totally agree. I have signed up for premium and now it's fully dawned one that there is no way of having an independent spotify account, I shall be canceling my spotify. Shame because it solved music needs, user friendly etc BUT I hate the 2 accounts being connected. I'm going to try other options like Pandora ( I think I read it was called). Maybe a petition could be set up or a post could be written on Facebook (anti the link up) and people could just click that they agree with this stupid connection! We should tell spotify en masse that this is NOT on!

This is implemented officially! Thanks!

dnigz

I made my account when facebook was required. Now that it's not, i would like to disconnect my facebook from my spotify account. Is this possible?

I agree, I have also cancelled my Spotify account recently because of the facebook issue. All I wanted to do was switch accounts from a deactivated one to a new account. This is apparently too difficult for Spotify to handle. If this wasn't an issue I would still be paying 9.99 and month... Your move Spotify!

Mariat86
I have no interest whatsoever in connecting my spotify account to my Facebook account. Fair enough if people want to - but it should be Optional! I pay to get spotify premium and it pisses me off that I can no longer listen to it when commuting to work. I will start looking for another streaming service if this is not being changed.
LMH

I cant express how much I HATE having my spotify account associated with Facebook. I want nothing to do with Facebook! Why do the two need to be tied? Please work on allowing acccounts have the option of using an email OR Facebook. please please please.

Richard

LMH - as we've noticed in the Idea description, you no longer need a Facebook account to sign up for Spotify. Just head over to www.spotify.com/signup and choose the email option. Enjoy!