Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[FireTV] Podcasts Video on Amazon Firestick and FireTV devices

To solve issue on JRE video and others not playing on Firestick and others... Just make Firestick, Apple etc Smart TV apps a Full standalone and supported app like on Mobile devices. Ask Amazon or Netflix for instructions. This can't be that difficult...

Updated on 2021-04-13

Hey folks,

We've edited the title of this idea a bit to make it more specific so we can update you all on the progress.

Thanks to everyone who came to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voted to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that Podcast video playback is now available on FireTV devices. There's some more info here.

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community.

Comments
Luan
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Updated on 2020-09-15

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've marked this as a new idea.
Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

OctoberDelight

Allow full video on all platforms like You-Tube does.  Asap, please.

OctoberDelight

Make JRE video content available on all platforms, including Firestick, just like it was available on You-Tube.  

BTW - Drilling down to this section of the Spodify Community page will be cumbersome for most, but I assure you, this needs to be added.  I have no idea how this requirement could have been missed in the first place. How else will anyone see vid as Joe Rogan says throughout his podcasts...”Jamie bring that up on the screen.”  Was Spodify not really familiar with Rogan’s podcast, in the first place?

Pleeeease address and Thank You.

Brownma3211

Firestick is a must...as well as every other device. Pretty simple, everyone wants to watch...get to work lol

Gavino10478

The fact that you need an idea exchange to decide to put one of the largest ever Video-based podcasts onto the most popular streaming devices in the world is beyond ridiculous. Spotify knows that prior to this all of us could watch Joe Rogan on any device without even giving it a thought. YouTube just worked.

Just make it available everywhere and stop pretending you need people to come here and give you ideas. You're one of the biggest media platforms in the world. It's absolutely crazy that JRE moving to another platform means it has to move backwards in terms of accessibility. The idea of it moving should infer that there is a forward momentum not the other way around. We're not asking for this to be available on a blackberry. We're telling you that it has to be available on a Firestick because it is one of the top couple of ways that many millions of people access video based media. 

Brownma3211

Amen Gavino! Well put. Especially for a firestick I mean it is running Android already. There are work around, can use web browser on firestick, screen mirror, but those options are buggy, slow, mad frustrating, and I refuse to work for content that should be readily available. I feel like we're all working for spotify on some pro bono bs. I really thought all the backlash and lack of views would light that fire and have the software patched in a week, if not days. Guess I gave em too much credit. I know coders that could have written the scripts for every device in a day or 2. I miss joe but I value my eyesight.

justintheguy

I don't know why each of these is a separate feature. You need video support across your entire app ecosystem. You need feature parity across all of your apps.

Dablfr

Are you guys stupid? Seriously. Did someone just ROYALLY mess up? You can clearly see how many people were watching it on YouTube. I only watch his show, I never just listen. FireTVs are the #1 device people have on their TV. You mention you are working on having it on Chromecast...I'm sorry, I thought we were in 2020. Who still uses Chromecast??? I am now deleting my Spotify, and I guess I will not be watching Rogan anymore 

Brownma3211

Dablfr...**bleep**! I too deleted the app, on I'll ofy devices, got a free month for youtube and found 3 awesome podcasts to compensate. I love joe, but **bleep** spotify. I didn't abandoned him,  just anxiously waiting for him to find a way out of that contract and back to our tvs, without a staff working against him.

a1bacus

I've used Roku to watch JRE for years, now Spotify wants me just to listen, allow full video on all platforms like You-Tube does.  Asap, please.