Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[FireTV] Podcasts Video on Amazon Firestick and FireTV devices

To solve issue on JRE video and others not playing on Firestick and others... Just make Firestick, Apple etc Smart TV apps a Full standalone and supported app like on Mobile devices. Ask Amazon or Netflix for instructions. This can't be that difficult...

Updated on 2021-04-13

Hey folks,

We've edited the title of this idea a bit to make it more specific so we can update you all on the progress.

Thanks to everyone who came to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voted to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that Podcast video playback is now available on FireTV devices. There's some more info here.

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community.

Comments
WittsWit

How did Spotify pay $100 million dollars for a podcast and not offer the same experience we got on YouTube.  This was Spotify's big chance to jump into the podcast world and this is a huge miss.  Can you also drop the commercials for premium accounts?  I know you spent a lot of money, but that doesn't change what I signed up for.

ApostolA

We have to vote guys, and promote voting it's the only way, please do that maybe we will have the update, some time this year

OctoberDelight

Apostol...We have been voting and posting on the issue on Rogan’s website...Spodify is just not concerned.

jbiscardi09

Paleeeaseeeee

ma77hew

This has to be fixed! So ridiculous! Joe must be questioning his decision to move to Spotify...

The fact that I can get video on my phone, but NOT my gigantic TV, is d-u-m-b dumb.

Eadszie

Spotify has ruined JRE. I can listen to it on anything but can only watch it on my small phone or laptop screen. It was nice to watch on my 75 inch tv when I could just screen mirror but now I can’t since the switch to Spotify. It’s trash guys. Please fix it or let joe keep posting full to YouTube.

OctoberDelight

SPODIFY.....Just add the video viewing feature directly to your page for viewing JRE content...ENOUGH ALREADY....People have been pleading since September 2020.  Why are you making your customers jump through hoops?

Jvelezpo

How many votes does it take to start working in this ultra needed featur

sconation

Straight **bleep**. Video should be standard issue across all platforms. $100 million and this is an issue? That's cheap.

tt124

Please tell Joe Rogan to stop saying at the end of YouTube clips 'check out the full episode on Spotify, you can watch video there...'

Video is NOT AVAILABLE on my Samsung TV.