Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Full screen artwork (for those late nite jams)

So.... it's Friday night, your friends are round, you've sorted your music for the night by queuing a shedload of music.... now we're on 'Play Queue' and I'm stuck looking at the interface - boring! It's time for some atmosphere - no need for fancy visualisers, just give me a 'full screen' option on the artwork for the current song!

Maybe we could even flip it over and read the back cover & credits too!!

Just like the old vinyl days.....

Updated on 2017-08-24

Hey @MandaGee this has now been implemented on our Desktop app. If you click on the full screen icon to the right side of the Play Bar, you'll get the artwork in full screen. Enjoy!

Screen Shot 2017-08-24 at 1.56.19 PM (2).png

Comments
mjanderz

Please make full-screen artwork a thing, for real. It's a huge part of the experience.

Potent37

Full screen function is good, but small picture of cover could be bigger. Better than looking at user interface however.

yoth

seems silly to not do this.

dcrytz

Is album art dead!? Man, I can't believe there isn't more demand for this.  Anyhow, keep me as a passionate +1 for this feature.  I at least want to be able to blowup the album art and see it large for those particuarly engaging/beautiful/weird covers. 

Andyman286

You can see full screen album art, at least on a premium pc account I can anyway. Bottom right there's a full screen icon for me

a_redeker

It's over due!

Romeo_Oscar

There's a webapp that does this:

http://baa.vsupalov.com/

Blogpost that describes it - http://vsupalov.com/flask-app-big-album-art/

hans-jürgen

Nice, but maybe the title and the artist of the track should be bigger and either left or right of the album cover.

petiw7

Please do not drop that idea completely

meahtenoha
Status changed to: Implemented

Updated on 2017-08-24

Hey @MandaGee this has now been implemented on our Desktop app. If you click on the full screen icon to the right side of the Play Bar, you'll get the artwork in full screen. Enjoy!

Screen Shot 2017-08-24 at 1.56.19 PM (2).png