Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Full screen playback info and visuals (Desktop)

When you have a nice evening at home with some friends, music playing in the backgound, one question is raised every time and at least once:

- Wow, this is a great song. Who is performing this? From which album is it? Wasn't this guy playing in another band a few years ago?

Unfortunately, the desktop app is at the moment mainly focused on navigating and searching for music and not at all on the graphical / visual experience of the music being played.

On the iOS app this is far better, because you can swith to full screen mode to a static view of the front-side album art, song title and artist name. For starters, this would already be a great addition if this feature would be available for the desktop app as well.

But there are a lot more opportunities to improve the visual experience.

The best one I've experienced so far is a specific skin in XBMC/Kodi: Aeon MQ 5. It combines album art, artist art, artist biography and lyrics in one full screen view. The artist art is even dynamic and changes at a certain interval.

I added a screenshot to give you an impression.

Although there already are some ideas posted about bigger album art, I didn't see any idea's yet about the whole visual experience while listening to your music. Therefore I decided to post this idea.

Anyone else who is missing this or would like this to be developed? Or is it just me?
Screen Shot 01-23-15 at 07.29 PM.PNG
Screen Shot 02-07-15 at 06.41 PM.PNG

Updated on 2017-08-24

Hey everyone. We're happy to confirm this idea is now Implemented. Currently on Desktop users can go to fullscreen via the fullscreen icon at bottom right on now Playing Bar. This is available within any context so users can watch videos fullscreen as well as experience listening to playlist, podcast in this mode also.

Thanks as always for your continued feedback!

Screen Shot 2017-08-24 at 1.25.26 PM.png

Comments
Shalie3129

I would love if this idea implemented the color changes that the mobile version has, so eveything isn't so grey and more aesthetically pleasing 

miguelmpn

What happened!?

This guy had THE idea so long ago, and it says that it is done...

I actually just wanted to keep my PC playing music while I work, but didn't want the regular view as if it stays for so long it might burn the screen. I too would like the Android experience in full screen in the Windows APP.

OverWims

It is done. Click the arrows to the right of the volume bar on the bottom right of the screen. 

MarkSpann
Oh Yes indeed, I've been taking advantage of the feature since the day it
was introduced.

Thank you for this feature, I enjoy it very much.

- Mark Spann