Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Gapless playback on mobile devices

Good news that the desktop Spotify no longer has artificial gaps between songs, but could this also be implemented on mobile, please?

Since we first launched the gapless playback feature in desktop, we've been planning to implement this for mobile devices. Due to the feedback from everyone, our Android team has worked hard to ensure this feature was built into the release in Google Play this week. You can find the feature in your device Settings. Enjoy 🙂

Comments
Jude

We are very aware that most mobile customers will be wanting these features too. Don't worry. We are working on it. You should see results fairly soon. As usual, each mobile platform has it's own update schedule (They are all different, and present their own challenges).

SteveBrammer

Jude wrote: We are very aware that most mobile customers will be wanting these features too. Don't worry. We are working on it. You should see results fairly soon. As usual, each mobile platform has it's own update schedule (They are all different, and present their own challenges).

Translation....

iPhone will get gapless playback first, all other platforms will have to wait. Smiley Frustrated

Prove me wrong! I'll be really happy if you do. Smiley Happy

rrkelley

Yeah, this will be great to have on iPhone, now if only there was a iPad app...

russtm

SteveBrammer:

Translation....

iPhone will get gapless playback first, all other platforms will have to wait. :smileyfrustrated:

Prove me wrong! I'll be really happy if you do. :smileyhappy:

You mad bro? The app probably works better on android its a complete disaster right now on the iPhone just go read all the post in that forum.

WirelessInsanit

And Cross-fade 🙂 Love to use it at parties when using phone to play music through ipod dock

FertileLies

Please move this to Planned. This has to be easily one of the most annoying problems with the mobile app and needs to be fixed ASAP.  I appreciate all the hard work you guys are putting into the desktop app, but don't forget about us PAYING customers that actually give you money to use the mobile app as Premium customers. I pay for and use the mobile app because I can't stream to my desktop at work, which is where I listen to music 80% of my day.

Keep up the great work!

David
Status changed to: Watch this space

David

Hello,

Wasn't too sure if this should be changed to "implemented" or "planned", as gapless playback is now in iOS application (check your app store if you haven't got it!). I've set it to Planned for now. If you feel otherwise, let me know. 

Implemented? Really? David, do you know Windows Phone app? Not 320 kbps mode at all, bugs... So please keep this status Planned.

Rorey
Status changed to: Implemented

Since we first launched the gapless playback feature in desktop, we've been planning to implement this for mobile devices. Due to the feedback from everyone, our Android team has worked hard to ensure this feature was built into the release in Google Play this week. You can find the feature in your device Settings. Enjoy 🙂