Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Genres

I think it would be a good idea if you can browse through the music catalogue by genre.

(Clicking a genre should open a new page with popular/new releases of this genre to discover new music.)

Hey guys! Within our Browse feature you can click 'GENRES & MOODS' which directs you to page filled with playlists for each genre or mood. We're going to go ahead and mark this one as Implemented. Thanks!

Screen Shot 2015-04-15 at 1.23.38 PM.png

Comments
coolfurriedude

This is a great idea and needs to be implemented immidaitly. The lack of this feature is killing my appreciation for this program. 

just_a_guy

It would be nice to be able to see a list of available "genre" that is indexed in the catalog, and a way to add the fact that

the search should be qualified by this genre. 

efd2051

Not having Genre makes it really difficult for organizing and findng what what I want ... Who has time to create 100s of individual playlists and subplaylists -- when there "Genre" was created for that purpose

Spotify please add Genre asap... Thank you !!

SubzeroSC

I have currently switched for the last 2 months to Google Play Music All Access only because of Genre section in the "Your Music" library. Google Music also provides feature to upload 20 000 songs to their cloud and personal play count statistics.

Spotify needs to step up their game in the "Your Music" library feature otherwise they will lose paying customers like myself. For god sake the "Your Music" feature even has a hidden 10 000 song count size.

atom1989

I'm new music digger, and for me such basic functions like different genres are must have. 

meahtenoha
Status changed to: Implemented

Hey guys! Within our Browse feature you can click 'GENRES & MOODS' which directs you to page filled with playlists for each genre or mood. We're going to go ahead and mark this one as Implemented. Thanks!

Screen Shot 2015-04-15 at 1.23.38 PM.png

andenstimme

Hi, I used Real Rhapsody for years and swiched to spotify. But: in Genres I do not found "Christian/Gospel". So ... if this will not be an item to change, I will leave Spotify.

😞

finphoto1972

What HAS happened with the Christian Genre? Seems to have dissappeared...

@abb0r wrote:

I think it would be a good idea if you can browse through the music catalogue by genre.

(Clicking a genre should open a new page with popular/new releases of this genre to discover new music.)

LDS63

I like to browse through the new music.  Unfortunately, I'm not interested in the bubblegum stuff.  There should be a way to click on NEW RELEASES and then click on a subcategory such as ROCK or COUNTRY, etc..  That's my biggest issue with Spotify.

jhubner

You guys at Spotify keep saying you're going 'to go ahead and mark this one as implemented" when it has NOT been implemented!

My apologies to Spotify, however another music service (Rhap...) does this better, but not as good as they used to because they changed it. 

Currently, with Spotify it is not very easy to search an entire Genre of music. All you can do is find an artist, and then look at related artists, which is a very limited list. Playlists are fine, but it's other users idea of a "mixtape" and not a good way to discover music by Genre.

I hope Spotify will think about improving the Genre search capability of their product. I actually dumped that other service because they eliminated this option for awhile, and I am happier with Spotify, but would be ECSTATIC if Spotify added a feature like this, and would immediately tell all my friends and neighbors to join the Spotify community!

Thank you, and if anyone agrees, or has anything to add, please chime in. Maybe Spotify will stop saying that it has been "implemented."