Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Implement a Recycle Bin / Deleted Items / Trash Can - easy recovery for deleted playlists

Have you ever had a situation that you have accidently deleted your playlist(s)?

If you have, you know how frustrating it is to start asking for recovery by the staff or

try to remember what songs were in the playlist you just deleted.

I'd like to see an implementation of a :

- Recycle Bin

- Trash Can

- Deleted Items

tyme of folder where all deleted playlists would go to and it would allow the user to restore the selected items

easilly for 7 days for example, and then after 7 days they would be removed - possibly still allowing the staff to restore

them after that.

This feature would help out when you delete a playlist in a rush and then notice it when you need it.

You would get it back ASAP without having to worry if someone at Spotify staff is awake and can help out.

my 2 cents.

PS. If it's possible to implement it to other items too (such as Songs).

This has been implemented! You'll find more info here.

Comments
Peter__

Thanks Richard 🙂 

Peter

neo-x

Thank you for the update 🙂

Rocio
Status changed to: Under Consideration

Hello there!

This idea is actually moving very fast and we know this would be awesome to everyone. We have passed it internally, discussed with the team and we are considering it now...just thanks to all your kudos and comments!

This is an amazing feedback, please keep commenting and voting up. 🙂

neo-x

Wohoo 😄

Tiggerer2

Hello.. I cheerfully join the ranks of those saved by the staff's ability to pluck my lost playlist from the cloud and relieve that sinking feeling.

I'd like to post a slightly different way to lose your playlist for the sake of furthering the march towards Spotify perfection.

I had spent a portion of the night before crafting a careful playlist. In the morning I dragged an album into the playlist then clicked on the playlist on the left panel. I saw that i had previously added that album and tried "Undo" (command Z on my mac). and basically "undid" my playlist from the night before. I froze.. and tried to "re-do" it from the menu, but it was gone.

I think it would be very helpful to be warned I am about to undo a "non-empty" playlist, or something along the lines of that logic.

Just my contribution and my suggestion to make a great app a little greater.. Keep up the great work peoples!

Shashin

How do you accidentally delete a playlist? 

Peter__

@Shashin I have often wondered that myself, but it seems to be a common issue!

Peter

SpotifyFixThis
  • I've really wanted this as well.
  •  
  • There are a ton of ways to do this.
  •  
  • There are also other issues to consider, such as playlist order and position of the deleted tracks, and even the track title. Position is large playlists is very very important in large playlists for me. 😮
  •  
  • One idea to consider is to follow the way of the Apple Time Machine function.
  •  
  • Consider each playlist as a document that goes through edits and might want to be restored to an older version.
  •  
  • Perhaps as we are editing a PL, auto-save versions while we are working on the list? That's the ideal of course, but it runs into CPU and Storage issues I imagine. I'm not sure how big playlists are to store for Spotify's servers.
  •  
  • Another issue to consider might be to make a publicly available garbage bin at the bottom of each playlist. This is something to consider for Collaboration playlists especially.
krlewis321

Hello there!

This idea is actually moving very fast and we know this would be awesome to everyone. We have passed it internally, discussed with the team and we are considering it now...just thanks to all your kudos and comments!

This is an amazing feedback, please keep commenting and voting up. 🙂

So in other words: Never ever ever ever!

Goodman
Status changed to: Implemented

This has been implemented! You'll find more info here.