Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Integration of Spotify and BMW Connected Drive

It would be great to be able to manage Spotify through BMW iDrive, either by a dedicated Spotify app on BMW system or at least by a connection of iDrive controls with Spotify app on the iPhone.

Updated: 2015-09-17
Since Spotify is now available for BMW Conected Drive on the iPhone, we'll mark this topic as 'Implemented'.

If you're on Android - please add your kudos to this idea here:
[Android] Integration of Spotify and BMW Connected Drive - Android

Thanks everyone!

Comments
markh1000

Same error here - have been seeing it for about 2 weeks now since whatever update they pushed. Very disappointing this wasn't tested before they released their latest version. As a Premium user, it is incredibly disappointing to be paying for a product I cannot use.

Hopefully they take this opportunity to fix the problems with Bluetooth streaming (album artwork/info doesn't update when track is change, can't navigate to playlists, etc).

russanderson70

UPDATE ARRIVED!!

Dont know if it works as yet but will soon find out!!IMG_3100.png

meestal

Great that it works now! I have a request; could you add the option (to the ConnectedDrive UI) only to play songs that are on the device (no 3G streaming)? That would be great. Keep up the good work!

Psmeunin
When browsing though my playlist and selecting a song there is no easy way to go back to this playlist. I need to go back to the Playlist menu option, select my playlist and scroll for another song Today I can only select the next or previous song from the playlist once selected. I want to be able to continue browsing the current playlist after I selected a song from it.
Mugga

When do you guys implement using spotify via android and BMW connected drive?

LucaTNT

AFAIK Connected Drive is iPhone-only.

dtimmyb

I just picked up my new F30 428 with ConnectedDrive and....

Spotify works but it's fairly difficult to use. You literally cannot use the application unless you stop the car completely. I get the safety reasons for this but for someone like me that uses spotify for playlists, the BMW integration is really **bleep**. You cannot use spotify in the car unless you just listen to one playlist or a small portion of music. Why is it so strict with its lock features and is anyone else experiencing this?

It's making me want to get rid of spotify now.

LucaTNT
I've been using Spotify on a F06 6 series GC and on a 2015 F20 1 series and in both of them you can browse through your playlists while driving.
I'm in Italy though, maybe there are stricter regulations about these things where you live.

TomiToma

Same Problem.

Can browser through playlists and play them, but on the main page of spotify in the BMW i dont have any indications what so ever how the song is called or a timeline how long the song goes or anything. 

I cant use the next button or stop or anything. Just browser the Playlists. thats all.... 

Fix this!!

(Spotify 3.5.0 on Ipad mini 

BMW F20 with newest Software)

meahtenoha
Status changed to: Implemented

Updated: 2015-09-17
Since Spotify is now available for BMW Conected Drive on the iPhone, we'll mark this topic as 'Implemented'.

If you're on Android - please add your kudos to this idea here:
[Android] Integration of Spotify and BMW Connected Drive - Android

Thanks everyone!