Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Integration of Spotify and BMW Connected Drive

It would be great to be able to manage Spotify through BMW iDrive, either by a dedicated Spotify app on BMW system or at least by a connection of iDrive controls with Spotify app on the iPhone.

Updated: 2015-09-17
Since Spotify is now available for BMW Conected Drive on the iPhone, we'll mark this topic as 'Implemented'.

If you're on Android - please add your kudos to this idea here:
[Android] Integration of Spotify and BMW Connected Drive - Android

Thanks everyone!

Comments
gm333

Where does this stand. I won't cancel my subscription, but please make this a priority. Also re: other options: MOG's UI is terrible. Pandora and Aupeo don't have the control factor one needs. Rdio has failed to move on this.

And car integration is a big deal, at least to a good number of us. 

I'll explain how important integration is:

A few weeks ago I set up a home system because (issue:) I got tired of playing Spotify through a cable from my phone. I then bought 4 receivers. Harman Kardon $199 with Airplay but no Spotify app. Returned because Airplay takes too many steps to link (double click, shift 2x, link). Denon for $450 for quicker Airplay integration I think. Onkyo for $350 with Spotify but no Airplay (no ability to bump in from phone--Spotify UI easiest to navigate on phone app). Finally settled on Marantz because of both Spotify and Airplay and Interface/Intergration for $650--$450 more than the lowest cost option. Sound quality in apartment not a priority so it was about intergration. . 

Point of the story: Intergration is extremely important to some of us. The loyal ones. Well loyal until a decent alternative offering a more complete integration comes up. So don't mess up a good thing and link. Please 🙂

Thank you!

jayrom

Volvo is doing it

Ford is doing it 

....BMW is late...as usual

arnonühm

In my office i enjoy using spotify because it is an nice enhancement of the serveral possibillities of listening to music. But, as i must admit, its not really essential because there are quite a lot of alternatives.

Because of this, i am still using the FREE-Version.

But the situation would change totally, if i could use Spotify in my cars by BMW Connected Drive.

In this case we (wife, daughter an me) would immediately upgrade to Spotify Premium to use the whole benefit.

I´m sure, lots of potential user would do so too and it would shure be worth the effort and costs for Spotify to develop an integration of spotify into BMW-Cars.

So start making spotify absolutely unique, provide an integration in BMW-cars !!!

rekmit

I use Spotify on my Iphone in my F20 since I got the car in APR 2012. I use it via Bluetooth. iDrive lists the name / artist currently playing and I can switch tracks via the steering wheel / iDrive wheel. It also mutes when I use the phone, etc.

As soon as you put the iPhone in the snap-in adapter or attach it to a USB-cable via the armrest-USB-outlet everything breaks down, so you shouldn't do that. Instead I connect it to the USB-outlet in the glove compartment, it charges the iPhone but doesn't break the Bluetooth audio connection. 

Complete Spotify integration would be GREAT, but this is a decent alternative for me.

williamlbell

We definitely need to keep pushing for this! I want a FULL spotify experience through iDrive!

Dhalrin

Great, now Ford has support for Spotify, while BMW gets support for Rhapsody (which isn't available in Germany).

A statement of the devs regarding BMW integration plans would be very much appreciated.

paulriedel

Just adding my +1 to this. This would be a really great feature!

sinkr

Don't open the door for Mog; despite my best efforts in trying to sell my buddy on Spotify, he opted for Mog b/c it integrated with his new 550.

Vercauterenn

+1 for that.. where are all of you 1337 developers!! 🙂

maxigs

On the MOG website: "Featured Partner BMW", well thats nice. And here the only progress in more than a year was that it was promoted to nice idea without any actuall status on the possibility.

It is really quite annoying, almost half of my music listening time falls into driving. Currently i still have to keep my iTunesMatch account and buy music on itunes because the experience with spotify in BMW cars is just so awful that i rather spend money twice than go through the connecting and controlling hassle all the time.

That whole thing is really a big opportunity lost, i'm going to try out rdio now and cancel my spotify subscription if that works out better. Too bad mog does not work in europe...