Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Landscape orientation on Android

I use my iphone in my car for navigation and music. I prefer for my phone to be mounted in landscape orientation for navigation purposes, but the spotify app is hard to use when it is sideways.  constantly changing the orientation is inconvenient.  Could spotify implement a landscape orientation? even if it lacks some of the less important features.

Hello folks!

We are happy to announce that landscape mode is now on Android!

In order to be fair with iPhone users (half of the comments in this idea support iPhone) we have created a new idea just for iPhone users and added half of the kudos you folks added to this one.

If you are an Android user, we hope you are very happy and enjoy it!

If you are an iPhone user, give this idea some kudos!

Thanks so much everyone for every comment, vote and feedback. We really love that at Spotify.

Comments
dakeb
This is essential functionality

Why is it locked to portrait?

It's a simple feature on android to allow auto rotate...

It does not have to look other than currently in portrait. Simply rotated would be good enough for most, I think!

noise79

WTF?!?!?!

why there is still no landscape mode??

I'm a premium user but I'm considering canceling my account.

I'm sure the new google music streaming service coming up in the next few weeks will have landscape mode...

It might be cheaper too.

Spotify, get your act togheter!!!!

bracketracer

Awesome.  I heard about the Google music service yesterday, and downloaded it just now.  Great UI, great selection, and holy crap, it rotates toLANDSCAPE!

I've been a Spotify Premium subscriber for over 2 years now.  To be honest, I've been pretty happy with it, however, like others, I use this in my cars a LOT.  The way I have my docks set up in each car, keeping the phone in portrait mode next to the driver's side A-pillar is dangerous and creates a blind spot.  In landscape mode (which I prefer to use with navigation), the top of the phone doesn't obstruct anything.  

If Spotify updates and allows landscape mode before my free Google trial expires, I'll stick with Spotify.  If not, cya.  I have no problem spending a few hours and recreating playlists on any given weekend.

smhuijz

As an paying user I expect an app to have a rotation functionality integrated as one of the basic features. I even expect free apps to have is, which is often the case. 

They fixed it on the latest Android App!!! IT WORKS!!!! Even without additional rotation app.

Rocio
Status changed to: Implemented

Hello folks!

We are happy to announce that landscape mode is now on Android!

In order to be fair with iPhone users (half of the comments in this idea support iPhone) we have created a new idea just for iPhone users and added half of the kudos you folks added to this one.

If you are an Android user, we hope you are very happy and enjoy it!

If you are an iPhone user, give this idea some kudos!

Thanks so much everyone for every comment, vote and feedback. We really love that at Spotify.

wagnebr1

Just cancelled....moved to Google Music.  Landscape mode + cheaper  =  bye bye spotify.

dries863

Can you please make this feature optional via the Spotify settings. This option is really annoying when you're running with a armstrap phone holder. 

Mart711
Spotify please add rotation to landscape for iOS. It still doesn't work in landscape mode.