Make the "download" buttons optional

I have no desire to download MP3s through Spotify, and I never will. Can I have the option to hide the "Get" buttons, please? I accidentally click them sometimes, and they clutter up what was once a really lovely, bare-bones desktop client.

We've added a "Hide Purchase Buttons" option in the newest version of Spotify (Premium users only).  You can find the option in the Purchases area of your Preferences.  

hidedownloads.png

Related Ideas

Comments
user-removed
Not applicable

I agree this. Also we need option to hide all Share buttons.

Andres
Spotify Legend
Status changed to: Watch this space

Rorey
Spotify Legend
Status changed to: Implemented

We've added a "Hide Purchase Buttons" option in the newest version of Spotify (Premium users only).  You can find the option in the Purchases area of your Preferences.  

hidedownloads.png

user-removed
Not applicable

Thank you! Really good option.

I don't buy songs, because i have those songs all in my PC Spotify and Mobile Spotify! All in Windows platform.

Thank you for this!

bradavon
Roadie

Can this thread now be locked pleased? A zillion thanks isn't much use and each reply just sticks older threads further down the list.

Thanks for the update btw. I'd rather a working Android app and tablet support but this is nice to have I guess. I tend to just ignore them. I'm on Premium too.

Rorey
Spotify Legend

We prefer to give implemented threads some time before archiving to give people a place to direct feedback and questions, should they arise.  In due time, we'll lock the threads. 

Jonnyd
Gig Goer
Another note of thanks for this. Makes a surprising difference to the program with less visual clutter.
nit89ram
Roadie
Shouldn't this be an easy thing to implement in the Linux version?
christopher
Casual Listener

I can't seem to find this option. I also have never seen any download options. Does this mean that spotify is in the business of selling music now? I am a premium user, and I'm running the mac version 0.8.2.567.g655da453

Qyna

A simple mixing app: play a song, pick another: choose starting point, and mix.

A bit of beat synchronization/adjustment for the first 5-15 seconds would be great, then number fades to normal speed again. 

I can't wait...!