Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Mobile App Sort and Search

Due to having a conservative bent about mobile bandwidth, I do all my music discovery, starring and playlist editing at the computer, then sync to mobile everything starred and a subset of playlists. Once truly mobile (i.e. away from WiFi, away from PC) I don't download any music. None. Zilch. The offline play is a HUGE feature to me.

So - why so hard to search for a song that's already on the iPhone?  If all I wanted was blind random shuffle, guess what I'd buy? An iPod shuffle (and I don't want one).

No sort-by-artist. No sort-by-title. I need to the ability to search within what's already on the iPhone, NOT what's on the internet.

You've made it rather difficult to find and play what I've already decided to sync-to-mobile. Please make it easy.

Hey guys. We've implemented this on Android but please feel free to pop over to this idea and vote on the search filtering for iOS. http://community.spotify.com/t5/ideas/v2/ideapage/blog-id/ideaexchange/article-id/35576
Comments
craPkit
Of course, this is also missing on android.
Johntis

Im using Spotify on a wp7 device and it bothers me alot that i cant sort my tracks alphabetically, it can be really hard to find a specific song. 

I agree with you. Also add radio to WP.

Charliefaber

Right now, music on the mobile app for premium users is sorted by date the song was added into that playlist. Its a pain to find the music I want in the thousands of songs I have in each playlist and end up having to scroll through the entire list to find one song. This is a really easy fix and the app seems broken without it. Simply allow the music to be sorted in alphabetical order by album name, artist name, or song name.

Drewbladez

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE - Implement this in your next update

If nothing else please implement an offline search of "synched songs"

benm78hh

Definetly the most important thing that currently prevents me from fully dropping itunes and other streaming services, I am desperately waiting for this feature and am really wondering how this did not make it to the basic set of features in the first place.

Thank you in advance for quick implementation...

Kaljinxi
I agree with the previous comments, not having this feature is really letting the app down, which is a shame as everything else in it seems really good! Ideally an option where you can drag and drop playlists as well as sorting alphabetically would be nice.
CatAttack

I agree and would like to add being able to sort by date added, very often I want to listen to the newly added songs in a playlist and when they are way down in the list it's just hard to use.

rankin_122

I really don't understand how you could possibly overlook this as a necessary basic feature when first releasing the app.

Sorting by artist, album, or song title alphabetically is completely standard, and I basically have no choice but to have my playlist permanently on shuffle without it.

ianbatten

Complete agree! This is the only feature that is stopping me from subscribing to Spotify Premium.

A playlist with hundreds/thousands of songs is just rediculous to sort through manually. Grooveshark allows you to sort offline songs by artist/song/album, and they brought this out in an update within about 2 weeks of the requested feature.

People have been requesting this on Spotify for a good year or so now, and it still hasn't been honoured? Very strange indeed.