Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Mobile App Sort and Search

Due to having a conservative bent about mobile bandwidth, I do all my music discovery, starring and playlist editing at the computer, then sync to mobile everything starred and a subset of playlists. Once truly mobile (i.e. away from WiFi, away from PC) I don't download any music. None. Zilch. The offline play is a HUGE feature to me.

So - why so hard to search for a song that's already on the iPhone?  If all I wanted was blind random shuffle, guess what I'd buy? An iPod shuffle (and I don't want one).

No sort-by-artist. No sort-by-title. I need to the ability to search within what's already on the iPhone, NOT what's on the internet.

You've made it rather difficult to find and play what I've already decided to sync-to-mobile. Please make it easy.

Hey guys. We've implemented this on Android but please feel free to pop over to this idea and vote on the search filtering for iOS. http://community.spotify.com/t5/ideas/v2/ideapage/blog-id/ideaexchange/article-id/35576
Comments
Rez

We do not need random new features anymore. We just need sorting options on both desktop and mobile spotify. We need them to be saved and easy to use. Now good luck Spotify.

Rorey
Status changed to: Implemented
Hey guys. We've implemented this on Android but please feel free to pop over to this idea and vote on the search filtering for iOS. http://community.spotify.com/t5/ideas/v2/ideapage/blog-id/ideaexchange/article-id/35576
momonaco

It is absurd that they have not yet fixed this. I submit a comment to their general mailbox about this very item and they told me to come here to their democratic idea forum. This is an idea that should need no debate. The fact that this was first raised over 10 months ago and there is still no fix is just rediculous. How hard could this be? A sortable playlist on mobile devices should have been something the programmers thought about from day one...not something the end user has to slowly push them towards. Spotify is a great system and a great app...but this is such an annoying shortfall that should have such an easy fix.