Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Mobile App Sort and Search

Due to having a conservative bent about mobile bandwidth, I do all my music discovery, starring and playlist editing at the computer, then sync to mobile everything starred and a subset of playlists. Once truly mobile (i.e. away from WiFi, away from PC) I don't download any music. None. Zilch. The offline play is a HUGE feature to me.

So - why so hard to search for a song that's already on the iPhone?  If all I wanted was blind random shuffle, guess what I'd buy? An iPod shuffle (and I don't want one).

No sort-by-artist. No sort-by-title. I need to the ability to search within what's already on the iPhone, NOT what's on the internet.

You've made it rather difficult to find and play what I've already decided to sync-to-mobile. Please make it easy.

Hey guys. We've implemented this on Android but please feel free to pop over to this idea and vote on the search filtering for iOS. http://community.spotify.com/t5/ideas/v2/ideapage/blog-id/ideaexchange/article-id/35576
Comments
Rez

I agree with everything above + maybe the ability to sort by "date added"...

Please ! It's been too long now.

sil0459

10000000000% agreed with everything everyone else said.

AHDE

I actually posted the exact same request earlier today. It is major omission which seriously cripples the functionality of the app to the point of rendering it useless!

A big +1 for this one 🙂

At least on the iPhone app, if you scroll up when at the top of a playlist you can search.

This works for needing to find a song/album/artist quickly, but not for reordering the tracks. Just remember to clear the search once you've found what you were looking for (if you want the playlist to play tracks outside the search).

Still a good feature request for the other use cases. 

laburnum

Please add my support fora mobile app including Iphone and IPad (when available) where you can sort your playlists into Album/artists lists, especially on the go playlist. It is a real pain trying to find songs/artists or albums on mobile devices such as the Iphone and Ipad at present using the current iphone app. Spotify has come on in leaps and bounds over the last 12 months, Spotify needs to concerntrate on fine tuning their mobile device apps such as that on the Iphone and IPad (when introduced) to beat off the competition

Paddygraphics

It would be a great benefit for the mobile version of Spotify to add a sorting system as in the Spotify client, giving access to manually set the sorting of the lists to date, name etc.

danc27

This needs to happen in ALL platforms, not just mobile.  The organization on the desktop app is bad too.  There needs to be a column browser in the library area, not just a huge list with the ability to sort. 

amy_dutronc

I'd like to be able to search through my extensive playlists in offline mode by typing the name of the song or artist in the search bar. At the moment in offline mode nothing happens when you try to search and you have to scroll through every single playlist to find a song. It makes it really hard to dj at parties. 

neo-x

Good suggestion - Kudoed

amy_dutronc

Thanks! It seems such a simple feature to overlook but it would make a huge difference to the usability.