Mobile App Sort and Search

Due to having a conservative bent about mobile bandwidth, I do all my music discovery, starring and playlist editing at the computer, then sync to mobile everything starred and a subset of playlists. Once truly mobile (i.e. away from WiFi, away from PC) I don't download any music. None. Zilch. The offline play is a HUGE feature to me.

So - why so hard to search for a song that's already on the iPhone?  If all I wanted was blind random shuffle, guess what I'd buy? An iPod shuffle (and I don't want one).

No sort-by-artist. No sort-by-title. I need to the ability to search within what's already on the iPhone, NOT what's on the internet.

You've made it rather difficult to find and play what I've already decided to sync-to-mobile. Please make it easy.

Hey guys. We've implemented this on Android but please feel free to pop over to this idea and vote on the search filtering for iOS. http://community.spotify.com/t5/ideas/v2/ideapage/blog-id/ideaexchange/article-id/35576

Related Ideas

Comments
sil0459

10000000000% agreed with everything everyone else said.

AHDE
Casual Listener

I actually posted the exact same request earlier today. It is major omission which seriously cripples the functionality of the app to the point of rendering it useless!

A big +1 for this one :)

mrmozz
Music Fan

No comment from Spotify staff yet? I'm really curious about why sort options is so hard to implement? Starred tracks are sorted by the date they are added in decending order. Why cannot this be done with all the other playlists??

rclecha

Really want this. I always use the sorting options within the normal desktop app. The moble apps really should be able to sort a playlist by Artist / Album / Date Added