NEXT STEP

[Mobile] Car Mode

- More space for touch functions

- Faster access to play and pause actions

- Reduced functionality for safer and faster access during driving

image.jpg

Updated on 2019-06-25

Hey Folks, 

Thanks for adding your vote to this idea. 

Car View is now available across Android and iOS devices. The new view has basic controls which make the experience more simple and safer when driving.

The app will automatically swap when it detects it's connected to a car's built-in Bluetooth, but you can also switch it on and off in the settings. 

Safe travels!

Comments
spojeep

Well....consiering the lack of attention to customer service.. after more than 3 years of using spotify... just started to using AmazonMusic....it seems no way back to spotify.

I see Spotify now like XM was loosing interest on customers and everyone knows what happened to XM

Good luck Spotify....just remember....we listen Spotify....and we pay you for that...at least we should deserve to be listen to us as a customers...

Martijnh78

Very nice..?months later.....still nothing....

arevillag

let me know about any information about Spotify Drivemode as well 

samlimster

YES!!!! I think this would make spotify sooooo much safer to use!  Voice control would be the icing on the cake as well!

evliveoyuncu

This is a must

r67iyi1zx6hxhfc

Perfect!

Trekkz

This will be very helpful for drivers like myself to navigate my music. i agree with this

panosl

Switching between car mode or enlarged mode, when you hold your phone into landscape position would be ideal. Most people have it that way to use their gps etc, so we really need that!

oldgit9

Does anyone at Spotify actually reads these suggestions & posts? By the looks of it, no they don't!

This suggestion was posted over 3 years ago & the most recent automated response is, it's a good idea & we are looking into it. Well...3 years is a long time to look into anything.

I've been seriously thinking of leaving Spotify for another service. Not just because of this, for other reasons too. I'm guessing other people have been too. IMO, Spotify no long value their customers comments or suggestions.

codice

This is absolutely a good idea. Spotify fonts and buttons are way too small for car use, the app is not optimized at all for being used in a android car unit. PLEASE, include a car option!

many thanks!

Stefano