NEXT STEP

[Mobile] Car Mode

- More space for touch functions

- Faster access to play and pause actions

- Reduced functionality for safer and faster access during driving

image.jpg

Updated on 2019-06-25

Hey Folks, 

Thanks for adding your vote to this idea. 

Car View is now available across Android and iOS devices. The new view has basic controls which make the experience more simple and safer when driving.

The app will automatically swap when it detects it's connected to a car's built-in Bluetooth, but you can also switch it on and off in the settings. 

Safe travels!

Comments
Jarago

Spotify WANT'S YOU TO CRASH! Landscape or Manual Car Mode Override is just to hard for them. They actually need to do some work rather than sit and do nothing.

Digital_Viking
Every single music app out there that’s worth a damn has landscape / Car Mode for both Android AND IOS except for Spotify. I actually left Spotify after being with them for 5+ years because they do not care about what we want or NEED. Loved the music selections but the problems outweighed the convenient interface for me.
Aybarskoc

Hello, 

Car mode option is very useful but when I close by mistake there’s no option to turn on option, you have to disconnect and then connect again activate the car mode again. I’m using iOS system. Thanks 

brunosni

I was using this feature, until out of nowhere it disappeared and never appeared again ... I have premium, in my cell phone it normally appears in my account, in the android media center it does not appear anymore, and it is in the same account, I have reinstalled it and no reappears. Can you help me?

MidnightRuby

Would be good to make a shortcut to open Spotify in car mode instead of having to manually change it all the time. 

--greg
IDK... On my S10e this has become a problem, too. On my older Huwaei
P10lite and Sony X this has never been an issue. But it is one now -
probably not to blame Spotify, but Samsung... shitty implementation.
Don't get me started about rSAP...
jrs2281

Hello, I am looking to implement a similar "car mode" feature on my own iOS platform. How does Spotify know which BT device is the user's car?

I understand the system is not perfect (see: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Non-car-Bluetooth-devices-displaying-in-Car-View-mod...), but its ability to predict accurately seems preferable (for UX) to asking the user indicate which BT device is his/hers.

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!

zombocalypse

I got the notification that the "new" car mode was being implemented, and it loaded up once. Since then I have not been able to access the Car Mode at all. "Switch to car mode" option is greyed out in settings.

Phone: S21+ 5G

Android Ver.: 11

Spotify Ver.: 8.6.52.911

Bluetooth device: Anker Soundsync (previously car mode would automatically start up while connected to this device)

Any help would be appreciated as I do like having the car interface while driving, especially since it keeps the phone screen open so quick glance can see what is playing. Thanks!

Angrycarviewfan

Hey folks. 

In 2019 it was a great idea. We thanked you for that. But in 2021 we came with simething even better- the car thing which we can charge you for. Year.... MONEY! It does not matter that you can't even buy it in many regions. If we do not retire Car Mode, yankees won't buy it. Who cases about those slavic tribesmen somewhere between Germany and Moscow.

It's silly to remove it. It's been a great safety feature. But who cares about safety. Money first. Thanks to this Spotify's stupid decision I had to look for alternatives. I found out that YT Music has got better sound. Costs less for family program (in fact I can have 6 accounts for price of 2 here). And without the Car Mode it's got the same features for me. In my new car with the Android auto I do not even recognize the difference. Now nor in the old one... Except that better sound. Bye bye. It's going to be interesting how long will it take to cancel my full access without paying for and I'll enjoy to watch the Spotify stock price fall.

matbonucci

put back Car mode