Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile] Hide song in Premium

I use a lot the option to Hide a song, let´s say for example I take an album I love 3 songs , I am fine with 5 and I hate 2 of them. With Spotify Free I can just select an album , then play it forever while I am at home for example doing other stuff so it´s background music, once I hide the 2 songs I hate , they will never play ever again. This is not possible with Spotify Premium the option is not available anymore (it is for discovery weekly but not for albums). The icon to hide a song just disappeared when moving to Premium for most of the songs. 

The alternative option to create a playlist makes no sense as the album is already the playlist.  Also I do not want to stop what I am doing while listening to the music at home and go to the computer to click Next... Hope that makes sense to more people, thanks

Screen Shot 2020-01-26 at 19.42.23.png

Updated on 2020-05-13

Hey,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your votes and feedback to this idea!
We're marking this as implemented, as this feature is now available on mobile.

If we have any info regarding this on desktop in the future, we'll head back here with an update.
Thanks.

Comments
Guido
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Updated on 2020-01-28

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've marked this as a new idea.

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes. More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found: here

Melody
Status changed to: Implemented

Updated on 2020-05-13

Hey,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your votes and feedback to this idea!
We're marking this as implemented, as this feature is now available on mobile.

If we have any info regarding this on desktop in the future, we'll head back here with an update.
Thanks.

immajor25

This is not implemented! You just want to close it so it is nicer in your management reports 

Wowjeff01

Yes - during this Corona Virus thing we upgraded to Premium and now I listen on my laptop during the workday. The sound quality is much better.  Being able to hide, dislike songs is VERY important.  THANK YOU!

jlsea5817

It's not implemented for desktop - please make this "implemented" across ALL platforms!

mhart27

Without an always available dislike button, it makes it impossible to listen to NEW bands, because I found out the hard way, that if you listen to a new band that ends up having lots of terrible songs you still have to listen to all those terrible songs again because Spotify algorithm thinks you like that band. ug. not fun.  It's not a new idea, and without it, it takes away from the user experience.

I do't care if it's called a "hide" or a "dislike" button,  just please put everywhere, and make it work in a forever way, so I no longer have to hear songs I know I don't like... ever again.

Best, 

Matt

GGoldwa

Hi Spotify folks, it is rather disingenuous to mark this suggestion as "implemented" when I cannot access this functionality on the desktop program.

Frankly ridiculous, I am sure you have millions of users who like me use the desktop app when not out and about, this sort of halfway feature implementation is disappointing to say the least.

GeneviveVavance

Yet another individual frustrated that you can't hide songs on desktop when you can on mobile. Seems like a very easy fix, it really shouldn't take this long.

mirra-l2m

+1 for adding this to desktop please. There should obviously be feature parity between versions, and this is such a basic feature. Seems scummy to say this has been "implemented" and then completely ignore an entire platform. It's also frustrating that comments like this have to be made, isn't it obvious that qol features like this are desired on both platforms?

pojda

This does not exist on desktop! Just hit a song from an artist I can't stand and there's no way to either blacklist the song nor the artist on desktop. Ugh!