Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile][Music] Bring Back Albums' Length

Spotify removes albums' length in the last update. Vote to bring it back!

Updated on 2019-06-25

Hey folks,

Thanks for adding your vote to this idea. 

You can find the album length by heading to the Album page and swiping the album cover to reveal the name of the artist and the album length. On Desktop, the run time will appear at the top of the album page. 

We hope this clears things up!

Thanks,

Comments
linked_liszt

For frog's sake, bring back the forking album length god darnit.

Don't try to be Apple and remove useful things and think it's progress.

It doesn't take up much space and there's plenty of room for it

linked_liszt

It's really as easy as instead of

"23 songs"

at the bottom of an album, you put

"23 songs, 1 hour, 28 minutes"

overwilhelmed

Couldn't this be considered under the "Bring back the old UI" thread? I have dropped my Spotify autorenewal and don't plan on coming back unless there are changes. I miss the old UI terribly. Apple Music is the closest UI to the old UI although I wouldn't hestitate for a second to come back to Spotify if they brought it back or gave us the option to enable it. 

josephahearn3

Yes, we want to know the album length. Spotify should bring it back. 

htdapcpl

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE bring back the album duration. I have to either use Apple Music or search every album on google to find out how much time an album will take up. It was so stupid to get rid of it, i dont understand how anyone could approve something so ridiculous. If anything, the update should have added track lengths next to song titles. These are such no brainers. I almost switched to Apple Music a few months ago, and now thats become even more likely.

lilitu93

@overwilhelmed wrote:

Couldn't this be considered under the "Bring back the old UI" thread? I have dropped my Spotify autorenewal and don't plan on coming back unless there are changes. I miss the old UI terribly. Apple Music is the closest UI to the old UI although I wouldn't hestitate for a second to come back to Spotify if they brought it back or gave us the option to enable it. 

It's good to have separate ideas for elements of the old UI that we want back, as it's not likely they will return to the old UI completely. It's more effective to indicate which elements of the old UI that are missing/changed/broken in the new UI, so they don't just get dismissed as users not liking change because it's change. Also, if they want to move where they put this info, that's fine whereas removing it completely is a problem.

DAFRA

Do you remember when the length of the track currently played was removed a year or two back? The bar was still there (!?!?) but no indication what it was for. If you tapped it once the track lentgth was displayed briefly, and if you double-tapped the bar it stayed visible. It took a while to figure out, generating quite a few annoyed listeners in the process.

Maybe this is something similar? We all have to tap and double-tap everywhere in the UI to see if we can find the album length somewhere. Like digital hide and seek.

Jpgchief

Absolutely!!!

Soundofus

Very useful feature for real music lovers...

jakebirdseye

This needs to happen along with making the playlist edit screen connected to the normal playlist screen, and not a different page all together