Announcements

[Mobile][Social] QR Codes for Music Sharing

Just a simple idea, nothing to go in depth about.

But could spotify implent like, similar to snapchat how you can add things by taking the picture of the QR code thingo, But like able to share bands, or even follow other peoples playlists easier.

Even though it won't be something new and amazingly spectacular but it'd be a cool feature to make it a lot easier to share music and stuff around via mobile.

Updated on 2018-01-30

Spotify's relatively new Song Codes work as this idea suggests!

Have a wonderful day. Happy listening 🙂

Comments
user-removed
Not applicable

This sounds a bit dangerous to me because you never know what is hidden into those QR Codes. Some people might take advantage of that and make it so where QR Code will redirect you towards bad website with malmware in it. Then if people use hazardous QR Codes with their mobile phone then the guy who posted that QR Code might have a full access to your mobile phone or pc.

Just saying, though people are not forced to use this feature.

Community Legend
Status changed to: New Idea
Updated: 2016-05-16

Marked as New Idea and edited title to make it easier to find via search. This is a repost of the following inactive idea.

Would also like to be able to

• assign QR codes to playlists, public or private, including locally held content
  • email, print or share that QR code

It would be great to create virtual CD covers that can be sent as greetings cards or simply kept in a physical form (like CDs or Vinyls), and then scan the QR code into Spotify to play it.

Hey man! Your idea got through!

Music Fan

I think this idea is now implemented on what they call 'Spotify Codes' if I'm not mistaken. Can somebody update the status of this idea. I have some few enhancement idea for this 'Spotify Codes'.

https://news.spotify.com/pl/2017/05/08/say-hello-to-spotify-codes/

HH. Just receiver a mail from spotify with the question to fill in my email address.

I do not thrust that.

kindest regards,

**bleep** van Duijvenbode

Rock Star 16
Rock Star 16
Status changed to: Implemented

Updated on 2018-01-30

Spotify's relatively new Song Codes work as this idea suggests!

Have a wonderful day. Happy listening 🙂

Is it already available?

I would like to share a playlist using QR code. Is it possible?

Casual Listener

I have the latest version of the android app, and I can't see codes anywhere. Am I missing something?

I just tried to use them on an iPhone 8 with Chrome. Fail.

As Gob would say, Come on!!!

spotify, I am your biggest advocate but you are absolutely terrible at the social side of music. Trying too hard to not try at all.