Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

More focus on comedy

There are many great stand up comedy albums on spotify which happens to be a large part of why I use the service, it is also why I recommended spotify to friends who enjoy comedy. I am just hoping that there could be an easier way to search for other stand up comedians besides scrolling through similar artists on the comedians that I could find since at this point nearly all of them bring me to the same group of similar artists. If this could be solved with an option to search by genre of music which would probably help other users as well or even an app that only users that have this issue could use to browse through spotify's library a bit easier to find comedians and their cds especially since your company pays for the rights to these albums when they come out only to let them hide while new music albums are always shown on my homepage, I do appreciate quite a bit of of the music I am just hoping that not equal but a bit more attention could be paid to this section of spotify's userbase.                              (: thank  you for your consideration on this matter.

Hello everyone. Staff here. We've recently made the decision to add a "Word" category in Browse. Here you can listen Comedy on Spotify, as well as literature, language lessons and much more! You can find the Comedy "sub-genre" under the "Word" category under "Genres & Moods".

Screen Shot 2014-06-06 at 10.41.21 AM.png

Screen Shot 2014-06-06 at 10.41.32 AM.png

Enjoy the laughs!

Comments
Marco
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted over 1 year ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos. In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again!

Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Rorey
Status changed to: Implemented

Hello everyone. Staff here. We've recently made the decision to add a "Word" category in Browse. Here you can listen Comedy on Spotify, as well as literature, language lessons and much more! You can find the Comedy "sub-genre" under the "Word" category under "Genres & Moods".

Screen Shot 2014-06-06 at 10.41.21 AM.png

Screen Shot 2014-06-06 at 10.41.32 AM.png

Enjoy the laughs!