[Music] Autoplay similar tracks after chosen Music

I'm certainly not the first (or last) user to request Rdio-like features on Spotify - as a migrant from Rdio, one of my favourite features that I'm truly missing is the autoplay feature, which was unique to Rdio. I loved how once a song or album was done, you had the option to let Rdio start that song/album/artist station automatically so not only does your music seamlessly continue playing, but it really helps you find new things, which is my biggest draw. The only way I can do this on Spotify is if I actively start the artist/song/album radio station, which is such a broken experience especially if I am not close to a consol to control the music (e.g. at a party). 

It would make Spotify 1000% times better (for me and I'm sure many others who loved/miss the Autoplay feature) if we can have the option within the Playback preferences to start the Spotify radio function (which i hear is great!) automatically for that particular song, artist or album.

Pretty, pretty please and thank you!! 

Updated: 2016-12-07

Hey @ksarhane this feature is currently rolling out on our Desktop, iOS and Android apps. Once you reach the end of an album, playlist, or set of tracks, Spotify will automatically play a Radio station based on it. 

To see how to disable (or re-enable) this Autoplay feature, see our Help article here.

Comments
fredyboy_369

Totally agreed! That made Rdio unique! Spotify is to me the best option out there, with this functionality, it couldn't beat the competition. The beauty of such approach is to bring the audience to new groups that you wouldn't know otherwise, but this, naturally, automatically, once you finished to listen the group or songs you meant to listen first. 

Missing this function! But otherwise, Spotify is nice in every ways! Keep up the good work! 

meatballzh

+1

rlingineni
Casual Listener

I would love this too! Even youtube has an Autoplay feauture. I don't like how I search for a song, and it's only that song. I am not very proactive in creating playlists, I just want it to play similar songs after a song I thought of finishes playing.

blake
Community Legend
Status changed to: Implemented
Updated: 2016-12-07

Hey @ksarhane this feature is currently rolling out on our Desktop, iOS and Android apps. Once you reach the end of an album, playlist, or set of tracks, Spotify will automatically play a Radio station based on it. 

To see how to disable (or re-enable) this Autoplay feature, see our Help article here.

SytseVliegen

About the autoplay function - It has been of great value to me, so first of all: great work! There is one thing that recently came to mind though...I've created some playlists, partly with the purpose of seeing what music the autoplay function would throw at me afterwards. I have noticed that specific artists return often in the autoplay, while I genuinely do not want to listen to them and do not have them in any of my playlists. Might there be some way to align the autoplay function with your preferences? Say...to block/follow certain artists for a specific playlist?

Thank you for providing a great way into music 🙂

jaredyatesdecke

Am I missing something?  The Implementation Satus Update indicates "Desktop" but the Help item listed is only for Mobile & Tablet!  I can't find this feature for the Desktop App.  Did this not happen?  Don't understand why it wouldn't be set up for all platforms?

asassylass

I have disabled autoplay, but STILL Spotify chooses to play something I don't want to hear after my playlist. Annoying!

Rene01
Community Legend

Hi @asassylass,

That's weird, I also don't like auto play so turned it off also and it works perfectly. Can you try to log out, close the app and re open it again?

Regards,

René