Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Music] Block / Hide / Blacklist Tracks or Artists

The Star feature should be complemented with a way to mark tracks as excluded. Those tracks would then be skipped even when included in the current playlist.
This way the enjoyment of a good album wouldn't be disrupted by tracks you don't like, while the album in its entirety can still be kept in the playlist.
The Anti-star can easily be implemented as a flipside to the regular star as they are mutually exclusive. Click the star once, the track becomes a favorite. Click again, the star icon changes to the anti-star and click a third time and either flag is gone.

A no-brainer to me.

Updated on 2020-05-13

Hey, 

Thanks for coming to the Community Idea Exchange.
We're marking this idea as 'Implemented'.

The option 'Don't play this artist' is now available on iOS and Android.

You can also find more info on hiding individual tracks from playlists or albums here.

If we have any information about this on other platforms in the future, we'll report back!

Comments
Boggibill

I am sick and tired of having that **uh-oh**head kid intruding my top list and radio when i am listening to spotify.

Second-Instinct

Top list for a top guy.

Deal with it. ;D

You don't know how right this person is... there needs to be a way to block Justin Bieber and all the other kids that made it onto Spotify. (Rebecca Blegh, Jenna Rose... and the girls who sang "Hot Problems"... that one, in particular, should be so horrible that it should be punishable to the fullest extent of the law.)

Rather, the more "civil" suggestion is a "block this artist" button to block the artist from appearing on radio selections.

And how about to block all crappy songs? If Justin Bieber is too bad for you, why you not just ignore it? In Spotify no one say what you listen. So listen what you like! Of course, if you do not like Bieber, someone may like.

And for all those ****heads here, just skip the Justin Bieber songs? How hard it can be? If you are unable to skip, call me maybe and I'll come to you and skip all songs you do not like. For one hour skipping 120 $. For 2 hours only 200 $.

Tip: Spotify's radfio for Windows learns now, just skip and Spotify play less this kind of music!

PS: My Life is a Party and My Home Is a Club!

I for one dislike Chris Brown, however he keeps popping up in my Playlist radio (...). I believe an Artist/track blocking funtionality would be helpful...

S10QaN

+1 I agree. There are many artists that I would like to block! And songs too! Especially songs! I often experience that songs I hate pops up in my queue when listening to Spotify radio or other peoples playlists! 🙂

A black list (to be edited) would be a nice feature too. 🙂 Advanced sorting should as always be included with new features! 😉 

Liam

Nice idea, kudos given 🙂

kingsteven

Hey, you guys may want to give a wee vote here:

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Checkboxes-in-playlists-to-disable-a-track/idi-p/59281

BTW: @hpguruyour "if you don't like it, skip it" argument is all well and good but why should I have to skip the same songs and artists repeatidly?

If you do not like some artist. I know, myself, there no crap music. I listen all music. How the heck anyone can tell is this song good if he/she skip all unwanted traks? Yes, the song maybe sound as good as crap at first, but when ypou listen it again, you may like it. Of course I'm not a fan of Bieber, but I listen it sometimes. I love all kind of music!

brieduk4z_

Love the idea.+1 from me 🙂

I really dislike one group when playing the radio based on Foster The People. Now I always have to minimize my current application and resume Spotify to change the song.

It would be really nice to just 'vote down' this group so Spotify Radio doesn't play its songs when my radio is based on Foster The People.

By the way, I have noticed that this feature is available on the newly-introduced Spotify Radio for Android. You can 'vote up' and 'vote down' each song that plays on your current radio and with each vote it improves that particular radio station.

Finally, as S10QaN has already pointed out, let us edit this black list for each radio station in case we changed our minds and would love to have blocked artists/group back on our radio.