Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Music] Block / Hide / Blacklist Tracks or Artists

The Star feature should be complemented with a way to mark tracks as excluded. Those tracks would then be skipped even when included in the current playlist.
This way the enjoyment of a good album wouldn't be disrupted by tracks you don't like, while the album in its entirety can still be kept in the playlist.
The Anti-star can easily be implemented as a flipside to the regular star as they are mutually exclusive. Click the star once, the track becomes a favorite. Click again, the star icon changes to the anti-star and click a third time and either flag is gone.

A no-brainer to me.

Updated on 2020-05-13

Hey, 

Thanks for coming to the Community Idea Exchange.
We're marking this idea as 'Implemented'.

The option 'Don't play this artist' is now available on iOS and Android.

You can also find more info on hiding individual tracks from playlists or albums here.

If we have any information about this on other platforms in the future, we'll report back!

Comments
seanerone

Logged in just to vote for this! You can only skip so many Passion Pit tracks before you start to lose your mind. 

lazrkttn
SERIOUSLY!!! And it's like...if you want to play the algorithm to your
favor it's virtually impossible because in order to thumbs down every
single song by that artist, youd actually have to seek them out. At that
point, Spotify would think you were listening to said artist on purpose and
it would destroy your playlist. If the thumbs down was accurate, and
prevented us from hearing....we might not need to protest lol
chrone
They already have this similar feature on Daily Mix playlists. We now only wait for decade before they implement such thing on the regular playlists. This is spotify after all. 😕
itjamie

Please let me block artists

pulley

For the love of glob please stop putting Bo Burnham in my auto playlists 😞

johnnybenson
lostjadis

Will this ever get implemented? I'm sick of having R Kelly and Chris Brown pop up on playlists.

Poodlelord

I would like to say I think you have done a very poor job implementing this idea. This feature should be a part of spotify as a whole, including playlists and discover. 

vegai

+1

meahtenoha
Status changed to: Case Closed

Updated on 2017-10-30

Thanks to everyone for their contribution to this thread. We really appreciate it. In the interest of full disclosure, we’d like to share with you the status of this request.

After serious consideration, we’ve decided not to offer blocking/ hiding/ or blacklisting artists or tracks on Spotify at this time. Rest assured we’re working hard to improve suggested content, such as your Discover Weekly and Release Radar. Keep an eye on the idea Add like or dislike button to personal discover weekly playlist” for more details around this.