Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Music] Block / Hide / Blacklist Tracks or Artists

The Star feature should be complemented with a way to mark tracks as excluded. Those tracks would then be skipped even when included in the current playlist.
This way the enjoyment of a good album wouldn't be disrupted by tracks you don't like, while the album in its entirety can still be kept in the playlist.
The Anti-star can easily be implemented as a flipside to the regular star as they are mutually exclusive. Click the star once, the track becomes a favorite. Click again, the star icon changes to the anti-star and click a third time and either flag is gone.

A no-brainer to me.

Updated on 2020-05-13

Hey, 

Thanks for coming to the Community Idea Exchange.
We're marking this idea as 'Implemented'.

The option 'Don't play this artist' is now available on iOS and Android.

You can also find more info on hiding individual tracks from playlists or albums here.

If we have any information about this on other platforms in the future, we'll report back!

Comments
Staff
Status changed to: Implemented

Updated on 2020-05-13

Hey, 

Thanks for coming to the Community Idea Exchange.
We're marking this idea as 'Implemented'.

The option 'Don't play this artist' is now available on iOS and Android.

You can also find more info on hiding individual tracks from playlists or albums here.

If we have any information about this on other platforms in the future, we'll report back!

GiffOrca
That doesn’t solve the issue. I want to be able to block specific tracks. Keep improving and maybe I’ll try Spotify again. I’m currently paying for YouTube music where I have more control.
marcusjt

Viktor's original feature request is all about blocking tracks, and this feature has not been implemented, so I don't see how/why this can be marked "implemented"!

Blocking artists is definitely useful too, thank you, but that is not the focus of this request.

Therefore please reopen and implement this track blocking feature request.

marcusjt

I've also just tried the artist blocking feature (in the Android app) and it leaves much to be desired...

1) You cannot block an artist from a search result, there's no option in the triple-dot menu (which is also accessible via long press):

Screenshot_20200513-155241_Spotify.jpg

2) If you're playing a track and you want to block the artist, you can't, there's no option to do so! However there is an option called "Hide this track" which when you tap it and then go back to the screen you found the track on still shows the track, so it doesn't actually "hide" the track, or there's a bug!

Screenshot_20200513-155833_Spotify.jpg

Screenshot_20200513-160619_Spotify.jpg

3) The only way to actually block an artist appears to be by tapping through to the artist screen and looking in the triple-dot menu - there's an option oddly named "Don't play this" which shares the same icon as "Hide this track", surely it should be called "Hide this artist" for clarity & consistency?

Screenshot_20200513-155540_Spotify.jpg

gibbat

7 pages before i asked how to see a list of blocked artists or titles e.g. if accidentally blocked something. was this discussed during the „implementation“ ? 😉

reelhouse

I don't think he meant a "don't play this artist" button honestly.... He means a "like" and "dislike" button. So instead of just the liked song you need a disliked songs as well. I can't believe this has been floated around since 2012 and still 8 years later it can't happen! 

roviuser

Seems to work OK on Android, but we need this on desktop as well.

bluuejeans

This is great! Is there any plans for an implementation for block/blacklisting of songs as well?

XelR

Yeah! I'd love the block song option too! There's an artist I love and I used to play his stuff just randomly. Recently he recorded a (Dutch) song that I really hate and I can't block only that song...

Katerina

Hey there folks,

We just wanted to update you that we edited the status to include more info on how you can hide individual tracks from playlists or albums.

We hope this info is useful for everyone! If there's anything else, don't hesitate to give us a shout.

Cheers 🙂