Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Music] Block / Hide / Blacklist Tracks or Artists

The Star feature should be complemented with a way to mark tracks as excluded. Those tracks would then be skipped even when included in the current playlist.
This way the enjoyment of a good album wouldn't be disrupted by tracks you don't like, while the album in its entirety can still be kept in the playlist.
The Anti-star can easily be implemented as a flipside to the regular star as they are mutually exclusive. Click the star once, the track becomes a favorite. Click again, the star icon changes to the anti-star and click a third time and either flag is gone.

A no-brainer to me.

Updated on 2020-05-13

Hey, 

Thanks for coming to the Community Idea Exchange.
We're marking this idea as 'Implemented'.

The option 'Don't play this artist' is now available on iOS and Android.

You can also find more info on hiding individual tracks from playlists or albums here.

If we have any information about this on other platforms in the future, we'll report back!

Comments
Batdnator

Spotify - if you're not going to listen to your paying users, then prepare to be replaced with another music provider who will! I'm using Spotify desktop at work, paying for family premium and wondering WHY AM I PAYING this when simple features such as this are not available to me?

I came here looking for a "dislike" button so i can stop hearing god awful nonsense from a number of no talent commercial noise artists but this is what I want, to forever block said artist so that they do not get any plays from me, ever and are then not getting artificially inflated plays so that they drop out of the "Top" lists into the mediocrity where they belong. Simply "skipping" is not even CLOSE enough to being allowed to show a dislike in something, and the UX of having to skip the same sh*t over and over is abysmal.

fstrobel

Blocking an artist is not the same than never playing a specific song ever again. Pandora had this feature for years. Please implement.

Alyannaone

Spotify can you please let us block songs like how we block certain artists. Not just hide songs in particular playlist, like literally hide songs entirely from my account. PLEASE THIS USED TO BE AN ACTUAL FEATURE W/ A WHOLE SYMBOL AND EVERYTHING. 

AnthraxCat

Why is this a feature of mobile apps and not of the desktop app? That's just pointless, please add it to desktop so I can blacklist artists I don't like without having to pull out my phone.

parsonsmatt

extremely disappointing that this is marked as "implemented." this is the least useful part in the least useful way. do better.

realmadmartian

THIS IS NOT IMPLEMENTED. I use a PC for Spotify in my home. Why the heck would I use my phone at home? I should be able to ask Alexa to play an artist or song without her playing the WRONG SONG EVERY TIME because I am unable to tell Spotify to NEVER play those WRONG choices. A simple feature that for some reason you refuse to implement. Like others, I am just waiting for another service to kick your **bleep** for ignoring your users. Remember CompuServe? MySpace? They were number one at one time. They ignored their users. Look what happened.

speedyquader

This functionality is not working for me - I pressed the button to block an artist, and their songs still pop up in my recommended feeds. Please also add this functionality to desktop, I don't want to have to open my phone just to block an artist. Please also add this functionality for individual songs. Other music apps have very easy, simple downvoting features - why can't Spotify?

TommyOrigin

131 pages of users saying that this is not implemented properly, and moderators are not responding? Obviously this feature is missing on desktop, put a status of partially implemented, as it is. 

edhammerbeck

I wish we could block entire albums. Like, generally speaking, I don't like live albums, and it would be super handy to nuke the whole thing rather than song by song. Likewise, I may love a band but hate some of their albums with the heat of a thousand suns [looking at you Van Hagar.] Would be feel great to nuke those duds wholesale.

Iamnotacat

Would love to see a better way to avoid certain genres. A friend's kid played ONE kids' song on my account and now my Daily Drive and Daily Mixes think I need to hear more. I keep messing around with "Don't play this artist", but that isn't enough. PLEASE offer a better fix. Please.