Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Music] Block / Hide / Blacklist Tracks or Artists

The Star feature should be complemented with a way to mark tracks as excluded. Those tracks would then be skipped even when included in the current playlist.
This way the enjoyment of a good album wouldn't be disrupted by tracks you don't like, while the album in its entirety can still be kept in the playlist.
The Anti-star can easily be implemented as a flipside to the regular star as they are mutually exclusive. Click the star once, the track becomes a favorite. Click again, the star icon changes to the anti-star and click a third time and either flag is gone.

A no-brainer to me.

Updated on 2020-05-13

Hey, 

Thanks for coming to the Community Idea Exchange.
We're marking this idea as 'Implemented'.

The option 'Don't play this artist' is now available on iOS and Android.

You can also find more info on hiding individual tracks from playlists or albums here.

If we have any information about this on other platforms in the future, we'll report back!

Comments
velorra

This should not be marked as implemented if all platforms do not support this functionality. At the moment, Desktop is completely without a way to block/ban/don't play artists. Sure, it's great on my mobile app, but when I'm at home listening on my desktop with a much better speaker system, it's really annoying having artists I can ban on my iPhone but not my Desktop pop up.

Please re-open this and implement for Desktop!!!

_kratti

I listen on desktop 99% of the time and the playlist radio is unusable for certain genres because it keeps recommending artists that I absolutely loathe.

I don't think this should be marked as implemented if it's not on all major platforms.

ALPHA28

ive been searching for a way to not show any conntent from the artist modestep 

i keep getting his sample pack demos in my mixtapes or release radar

ALPHA28_0-1627584693161.png

gggg23232

Desktop cannot block artist or song. Incredibly annoying at best. Your music discovery + moods playlists are amazing. But sometimes the exploration misses the mark and then it keeps showing up in the playlist with no end. 

This should not be marked as implemented because you cannot do it on desktop. 

See ALL the comments on this post, and this post too.

This has been an issue for over 18 months. C'mon guys. This used to be an easily accessible feature on mobile, then it got hidden/moved/removed or something in updates. Please fix this for your premium members.

gggg23232

**bleep**. Why can't you edit your post, like EVERY other forum?

Anyway, mod post https://community.spotify.com/t5/Closed-Ideas/All-Platforms-Allow-hide-song-function-to-sync-across-... should be changed, feature not fully implemented.

MikCarlo

Please, add to mac app too. 

thomashu

When do you include this very useful feature in the PC Client?
Second, expand it to a Gerne block? I don’t like any German Pop Song. Currently it is a pain to get rid of these songs, we must remove them manually every time from a playlist. I don’t like this.

Tastyratz

Yet another person dissatisfied with the consistency between platforms. Why on EARTH would the desktop experience have LESS features??

nikissleeping

Add it to desktop - that's what we use all day when we're working from home.

listener1818

Please add it to the desktop as well. I use it to block controversial artists like those that are known sexual offenders because I don't want them to get even a penny from me.