Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Music] Block / Hide / Blacklist Tracks or Artists

The Star feature should be complemented with a way to mark tracks as excluded. Those tracks would then be skipped even when included in the current playlist.
This way the enjoyment of a good album wouldn't be disrupted by tracks you don't like, while the album in its entirety can still be kept in the playlist.
The Anti-star can easily be implemented as a flipside to the regular star as they are mutually exclusive. Click the star once, the track becomes a favorite. Click again, the star icon changes to the anti-star and click a third time and either flag is gone.

A no-brainer to me.

Updated on 2020-05-13

Hey, 

Thanks for coming to the Community Idea Exchange.
We're marking this idea as 'Implemented'.

The option 'Don't play this artist' is now available on iOS and Android.

You can also find more info on hiding individual tracks from playlists or albums here.

If we have any information about this on other platforms in the future, we'll report back!

Comments
oekelmania

The implementation for Mobiles ONLY is very frustrating.

Im  paing for a SERVICE and as a Premium-User I want to be free to decide which Music/Artist I NEVER wanna hear anymore! When I want stuff that I can not block,  I would hear radio.

As long as the KI for identifying "whats matching to my favourits" is as bad as today, I NEED an easy way to establish vauable BLACK-Lists.

Please take care about your customers and make this feature availabe in the Desktop-App AND Web-Player.

Otherwise a lot of us will switch to componies who care.

[optional] build up a KI-Lerning wizard under "my account", where we can train genres we want to hear and we WOULT not. (like Tinder for music :P]

Batdnator

"In some cases, commercial considerations may influence our recommendations, but listener satisfaction is our priority and we only ever recommend content we think you’ll want to hear."

NO YO
How can you possibly say that this is "implemented" when it doesn't work for Web or Windows? Get your finger out and implement this MUST HAVE feature on ALL platforms.

oekelmania

@Batnator

I think it would "work" if the Interface would be available 😎

I am a programmer myself and therefore I know that it can only be a small thing to use the corresponding service in the missing places.

Without getting too bogged down, I'd recommend releasing parts of the code to allow pull requests from the capable community.

If I had to guess and look at the REST API that e.g. OpenHab bindings and co use, I believe that at least the web player makes 100% use of it. (For me it would even be sufficient in the first step if I knew the PUT call to blacklist a song, album or artist.)

Nanaten

Why wasn't this implemented to PC? Did they forget the PC app exist or what?

Araki

Don´t play this artist does not works for list suggestions, nor for ads. 
And select the tracks one by one is very painful and time consuming.
We should be able to block an entire music style and this is what I suggested here:
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Developer-Block-musical-styles/idi-p/5351686

Please vote!

Ch3shireCat

I literally decided to boycott Spotify and switch to Tidal because of this missing feature. Implement it on Desktop and I'll go back.

dracorlando

We need this feature on iOS/OSX please!!!

Daeronicus

Please, implement this on the Windows client as well. I can't block artist I don't want to listen and I still have recommendation of  music artist/genres I don't like (I listen to metal, trance, dubstep and lofi and somehow I got latin music recommendations...)

all_names_taken11463

This is my thing, there are certain genre's of music, I just don't like, and I refuse to listen to. For instance despite growing up, and living in the south where country is bigger than rock, I've always hated it.  So I'm listening to some music tonight, and I look around for another playlist, and notice that there are two playlist for country music. Which all I have to do is not click it, really, but it says that playlist was picked just for me because of my listening habits. That is a lie, I've never listened to a country song on spotifuggle. I know how things work, even if I don't open it, just the fact it was on my homepage, the computer will think I've listened and liked it, so tomorrow, there will be three, next day 4. What I wanted to suggest on this, is if a genre pops up you don't like (or a song), you can click a dot (the star is for something you like, so just a circle or something), and that playlist won't show up again. The system will keep track of what you reject, and if you reject say 4 playlist/albums/whatever of a certain genre it will block that particular genre, as a whole. 

One more thing, along the same lines, really, it would work the same way so it's just an extension of my first suggestion. There is one particular cover song by my favorite artist, that plays on most playlist for that artist. But it is a rather popular song, and they even won a Grammy for it. But I hated it when the original artist did it. I still hate it, I always skip it, seems like the system should be able to keep track of how many times I skip it, and can then remove it from the playlist. Maybe on either thing, instead of just blocking that song/genre/whatever, it pop up a confirmation "Do you want this blocked permanently"?

ID25249884

Not playing is ridiculous.
The app has to give the option to block and not see the artist anymore, whether in recommendations or the like.
If you're going to make improvements, do it completely, not halfway.