Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Music] Block / Hide / Blacklist Tracks or Artists

The Star feature should be complemented with a way to mark tracks as excluded. Those tracks would then be skipped even when included in the current playlist.
This way the enjoyment of a good album wouldn't be disrupted by tracks you don't like, while the album in its entirety can still be kept in the playlist.
The Anti-star can easily be implemented as a flipside to the regular star as they are mutually exclusive. Click the star once, the track becomes a favorite. Click again, the star icon changes to the anti-star and click a third time and either flag is gone.

A no-brainer to me.

Updated on 2020-05-13

Hey, 

Thanks for coming to the Community Idea Exchange.
We're marking this idea as 'Implemented'.

The option 'Don't play this artist' is now available on iOS and Android.

You can also find more info on hiding individual tracks from playlists or albums here.

If we have any information about this on other platforms in the future, we'll report back!

Comments
Meohmy1

Allow me to add a artist or songs to a Don't play list! some songs keep popping up and I HATE them! let me remove it for good like put them on a ignore list or something PLEASE!

all_names_taken11463
I got an email saying a submission had been merged with another submission.
That's great, it shows that more than one person wants this. However I have
two highlighted links to the Spotify website, I've clicked both, and it
takes me to a page that says "This submission does not exist". I really
wanted to see the post mine was merged with. I did a search for terms I
thought might help me find that merged post, but that did not work either.
I did find a similar post that says a new feature has been added to Spotify
that matches my submission. However going back to my Windows app, and my
Android app, I do not find the feature. Can you direct me to the other
submission, or to an official post that explains how to do this.

I think you have this information, but my submission is for "ignore (block)
a specific song that I don't want to hear". my username is
all_names_taken11463.

Thank You so much for your help.
Araki
Totally agree!!! And it should also affect the ads you see and hear,
because it's terrible to be listening to your playlist and then an ad from
these awful music styles starts.
I suggested a while ago to have a way to completely block it, but it had
not enough votes.
Tastyratz

I would love to see the option to not play a certain genre, artist, or music influence the suggestions spotify makes. There are some genre's I will never play and not having them show up on my list would be helpful.

"The option 'Don't play this artist' is now available on iOS and Android."

I use Spotify often on the desktop client. This does not make for a congruent user experience.

Gus_O_o

When is this feature coming to PC?

The feature has been released on mobile and tablet for over two years - Those of us that listen on computers would like this feature too

papercutrave

I'd love to see this on the desktop app as well.  I primarily use Spotify on my work computer, and I can't tell you how distracting it is to hear THAT SONG pop up while I'm working.

AppleTVLoginGuy

Please explain how “block track from playing from the entire account, regardless of suggestion of playlist inclusion” has been implemented?

”Hide this song” doesn’t work. The song keeps reappearing.

Timbo6sic6

The block button disappeared from my lockscreen mini player, isnt available in android auto and now it also disappeared on my self made lists. 

You cant even use the three dots to get rid of this one song on my list!

I have to search for one song in my 400+ songs Playlist without a search function!

What is going on?? Who decides something like replacing a block button with a mostly useless replay button? 

Mark this as a bug, this is the most important function to feed the algorithm! 

Crungus

Why is it not implemented on desktop though? I don't understand the reasoning behind this at all

kyeky

I would also like a button to blacklist an artist that I would not like to listen on my laptop. Currently you can choose not to reproduce music by an artist in your Android or iOS device but you can't do it on the computer where curiously I receive somewhat different suggestions. Since I listen to music also when I work and use the computer play Spotify I would like to have the same possibilities of blacklisting an artist on my computer.