Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Music] Block / Hide / Blacklist Tracks or Artists

The Star feature should be complemented with a way to mark tracks as excluded. Those tracks would then be skipped even when included in the current playlist.
This way the enjoyment of a good album wouldn't be disrupted by tracks you don't like, while the album in its entirety can still be kept in the playlist.
The Anti-star can easily be implemented as a flipside to the regular star as they are mutually exclusive. Click the star once, the track becomes a favorite. Click again, the star icon changes to the anti-star and click a third time and either flag is gone.

A no-brainer to me.

Updated on 2020-05-13

Hey, 

Thanks for coming to the Community Idea Exchange.
We're marking this idea as 'Implemented'.

The option 'Don't play this artist' is now available on iOS and Android.

You can also find more info on hiding individual tracks from playlists or albums here.

If we have any information about this on other platforms in the future, we'll report back!

Comments
poeticdisaster

Why is this only available for mobile when there are apps for PC and consoles? 

Can we get this added to the console, PC and Mac apps too please? I really don't like some artists and I don't want to accidentally support them if I walk away from my computer for a few minutes to do something in another room. 

scarfaace

INCLUDE FEATURING SONGS TOO! 
Please make it possible to block an artist -  including songs that  they are featuring. Either make it as an additional option when choosing to not play the artist, eg., “include featuring songs” or just implement it in the current feature. I am really not interested in supporting a specific artist in any way what so ever.  

DakotaDreamer

Nope! Windows Spotify client has no 'hide" on tracks in daily lists. 

B3RLiN

Screenshot_20230616-205208_Spotify.jpgand in 2023 the feature is gone?

I need this for podcast which play even though I hate certain ones.

Dwask

How the **bleep** do I make this work for podcasts 😐

fryguy5

The ability to block/dislike songs/artists is NOT yet implemented, it is 'sort of' implemented on select devices, which means, at best, the feature has been 'partially implemented' and reporting otherwise isn't just insincere, it's a lie and a terrible business practice. 

Korr

lack of this feature keeps me from recommending spotify to anyone

FuarkKudoSystem

I'm a Desktop user. I hope those who refuse to implement this on Desktop have to use their salaries for their chemo.

FuarkKudoSystem

The artists I block on mobile show up on the Desktop app on all playlists all because some overpaid devs who got their job solely by Linkedin networking refuse to write a few lines of code to fix this. They even fool the users by labeling this as "Implemented".

rharley99

With the information that’s come to light about the predatory nature of the industry, its VITAL to be able to block specific Artists. As it stands, blocking works intermittently on iOS (featured songs will play) on desktop there is no feature. as i have PTSD, this is a real issue. Music is supposed to be a safe space. Same goes for podcasts, which I posted in community months ago. I don’t see Spotify actually changing this, however it’s really important.