Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Music] Block / Hide / Blacklist Tracks or Artists

The Star feature should be complemented with a way to mark tracks as excluded. Those tracks would then be skipped even when included in the current playlist.
This way the enjoyment of a good album wouldn't be disrupted by tracks you don't like, while the album in its entirety can still be kept in the playlist.
The Anti-star can easily be implemented as a flipside to the regular star as they are mutually exclusive. Click the star once, the track becomes a favorite. Click again, the star icon changes to the anti-star and click a third time and either flag is gone.

A no-brainer to me.

Updated on 2020-05-13

Hey, 

Thanks for coming to the Community Idea Exchange.
We're marking this idea as 'Implemented'.

The option 'Don't play this artist' is now available on iOS and Android.

You can also find more info on hiding individual tracks from playlists or albums here.

If we have any information about this on other platforms in the future, we'll report back!

Comments
darylknight

This was nearly a year ago; has anything changed? I keep having music suggested for my playlist which I hate. I'd rather just block specific songs from ever appearing. Seems pretty basic for a streaming app.

charlesmims

I still want this.  I can't stand the sound of Morrissey's voice but apparently a lot of the music I do like sounds like The Smiths.  I would LOVE to never have to hear anything that has Morrissey's voice in it ever again.  That would be so great.

Redandbluechris

This is essential. I've just listened to a good album and at the end got switched to artist radio which has played some unrelated, incomparable rubbish at me - give us a block/ignore button now

YBlackmore

Over 6 months, any chance to remove songs? I do like the recommendations when listening in "Radio mode" but I'm getting really tired of the same stupid song popping up again and again, I would like to be able to "blacklist" either the song or the artist.

belessdog

...and how is progress on this? I use the running feature a lot and it's not easy to skip a track mid-course. Today Kanye West appeared...it's odd how such a child records tracks with adult warnings...and I had to stop running to stop Spotify as the option was to pay the moron to listen to him talk about his genitalia. So

..block artist feature please. If you don't do it for me, do it against Kanye West.

chrispspace

Guys, they've clearly stated they're not going to implement it. The reason they gave is bollocks, the workaround was to copy the playlist and manually delete the songs you don't like. An absolute time sink for a service that should be simple.

Does anyone have a recommendation for another service that offers this feature. I know pandora does but is not available in my country. Guess I'll go back to youtube or google music then.

Chrisjustchris
I'll probably move on from Spotify if that's the case. Oh well.
AunTaraseina

This will be my last complaint about this issue. I really like the spotify playlist and also prefer it over other music service due to the quality even though it does drained more power. But having the korean boy band "BTS" all over every playlist is exremely too much. I open spotify for 45 mintues and had already 4 songs from "BTS" it drove me over the top. And when the fifth one came, I was just nuts.... never ever type a single curse word in any email before in my life. Well I type so many I lost count in my email that cancel my premium subscribtion with spotify. Now, I've move to another music that doesn't have any Korean boy band but I still wish to see this feature added to Spotify and will move back to it. And I really need to apologize to the person getting that email. Sorry..

aidaaqilah

I like listening to Release Radar. I discover new songs and new artist but lately there's one artist that has been appearing on the playlist and I just hate it (I hate listening to his cover /ugh/) so it would be awesome if I could block him and his cover.

Horatious

Hi, the song "Gag Gag - Dirty Extended" by Sharoom & Sanctus showed up today in my Discover Weekly list.

The lyrics are violent, misogynistic and disgusting. The song is basically about raping the artist Lady Gaga. I really wonder how your algorithms got the idea that I would be interested in this **bleep**??

I would like a feature to report **bleep** like this or at the very least the ability to block Sharoom & Sanctus from my feed for ever. I don't want a single cent of my money to ever end up in their pockets.