Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Music] Option to turn off automatic album radio after album finishes

After the last update on my Android, Spotify changed so that when an album ends, the album radio automatically begins instead of just going to silence. Tbh no idea how most people feel about this, but I usually listen to music by the album - it's important to me that the album ends as the artist intended. I don't want to it to just flow into other music. Especially since I don't really use the album radio feature to begin with. 

If this is something people want, there should at least be an option to turn it off. This is irritating enough I'd leave Spotify because of it. 

Updated: 2017-03-03

Hey folks. With Autoplay you don't ever have to stop the music. Once you reach the end of an album, playlist, or set of tracks, Spotify will automatically play a Radio station based on it. 

To see how to disable (or re-enable) this AutoPlay feature, click here. Thanks!

Comments
JuaniRabellino

Agree, I want it disabled too

jkelso1123

I completely agree, might try deezer 

mighty_ted

Agree!

Extra annoying if you listen to spoken word or any kind of talk. After the last file, it just skips right in to the middle of another talk.

birdsrock123

I also think that they shouldn't play OTHER MUSIC IN THE MIDDLE OF THE PLAYLIST. WOULDN'T IT BE NICE TO LISTEN TO YOUR OWN MUSIC? NOT FREAKING OTHER PEOPLE?!

blake
Status changed to: Implemented
Updated: 2016-08-01

Marked as new idea.

rhymus

So this is what is happening!!!????

I thought this was some sort of marketing push since I've usually ended up with some very crappy music being played and I had no idea why. 

This "feature" (which I mean as euphemism for wanting to throw my phone against the wall in case the double quotes were not clear) is also buggy and seems to happen even when an album has not ended. 

Please stop this. It's simply a horrible idea. You should make everyone who works at spotify try out bad ideas like these first and then anonymously report feedback. You would inflect less pain on your users by weeding out bad ideas and potentially bad employees with bad ideas this way. Don't be like microsoft or facebook. Don't **bleep** on your users and then respectively don't care or call it the hacker way. Step up spotify.

Hate it. Has anyone figured out a solution?

DrewBohannon

Pls 

rhymus

Haha...that's a hillarious comment drew...I don't think it works quite like that since there is a cost to play song for spotify. They'd rather us never use the service and just pay our subscription...now maybe this could be a scheme for non premium subscribers where ads are played. It still seems to be a high cost scheme in terms of eventual lost users, since for every 500-1000 plays (say at least 10 or so people annoyed) amounts to less than price of a cup of coffee (spotify pays around $0.006 and $0.0084 per play and takes only a 1/3 of that--rest goes to royalty holders).

kendag

Really annoying feature, particularly if you're not on WiFi and listening to a downloaded album. It automatically starts streaming over cellular.

My workaround us to put the app into 'Offline' mode.