Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Music] Option to turn off automatic album radio after album finishes

After the last update on my Android, Spotify changed so that when an album ends, the album radio automatically begins instead of just going to silence. Tbh no idea how most people feel about this, but I usually listen to music by the album - it's important to me that the album ends as the artist intended. I don't want to it to just flow into other music. Especially since I don't really use the album radio feature to begin with. 

If this is something people want, there should at least be an option to turn it off. This is irritating enough I'd leave Spotify because of it. 

Updated: 2017-03-03

Hey folks. With Autoplay you don't ever have to stop the music. Once you reach the end of an album, playlist, or set of tracks, Spotify will automatically play a Radio station based on it. 

To see how to disable (or re-enable) this AutoPlay feature, click here. Thanks!

Comments
nick_d17

Couldn't agree more. It's a rediculous feature and should be removed immediately. 

mindymaggot

We need the option. I like to listen to certain albums/playlists as I drift off to sleep.

Having the music end at the end of the album/playlist is important in that scenario. Very annoying to wake up an hour later now as the music is still playing on something you didn't want to listen to. 

nick_d17

This is exactly my issue. Waking up with random music on drives me crazy. Even just listening to an album that never end is annoying. There needs to be an option to make the music stop!

This has ruined Spotify for me. If it's not fixed soon I'll leave spotify. 

Ocanada
I don't know exactly when this behavior started, but sometime within the last month for me, i.e. album radio begins playing after an album I selected is finished playing. Extremely annoying because I don't want to listen to music all night, just as I'm falling asleep. Since there's no sleep timer function either, this could mean I'll have to move on from premium. My best guess is that the company is so desperate to generate ad revenues that they are purposely ignoring user experience to try and hit their numbers. If this was a "feature" we'd be allowed to turn it off.
nickbarnett809

I don't want to have to put my phone in Offline mode every time.  This new feature should be turned off by default.  If I click on an album and hit play, that means I want to listen to the album, not the rest of the artist's music.  Bad user experience.

elagobalus

This will make me leave spotify. Please fix it

TancingTunes

Everything else about Spotify is intentional. Choose the music you want to listen to when you want it.

But automatically starting a radio station when it wasn't requested? It's jarring, and breaks the intentionality of the Spotify UX.

It causes us users to take action to stop Spotify doing a robot type of thing.  Face it, your recommendation engine isn't any good, so forcing us to listen to your recommendations is most unfortunate for us.

elagobalus

Also on the ipad app there is a button to turn off autoplay, at the bottom of the settings->playback menu. Are now all devices covered? Spotify chrome app?

billradovich

yes stop it now please. i will go to sleep to an album and wake up and it's still playing. 

nick_d17
On my Android phone app, and iPad app there is an option to turn it off. In playback settings under autoplay. Hope this helps.