Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Music] Option to turn off automatic album radio after album finishes

After the last update on my Android, Spotify changed so that when an album ends, the album radio automatically begins instead of just going to silence. Tbh no idea how most people feel about this, but I usually listen to music by the album - it's important to me that the album ends as the artist intended. I don't want to it to just flow into other music. Especially since I don't really use the album radio feature to begin with. 

If this is something people want, there should at least be an option to turn it off. This is irritating enough I'd leave Spotify because of it. 

Updated: 2017-03-03

Hey folks. With Autoplay you don't ever have to stop the music. Once you reach the end of an album, playlist, or set of tracks, Spotify will automatically play a Radio station based on it. 

To see how to disable (or re-enable) this AutoPlay feature, click here. Thanks!

Comments
Jerkaras

Agree, I dislike unsolicited music.

Jerkaras

To fix this; Go back (upper left arrow), tap gear icon at upper right, make autoplay switch gray. 

There is an option to toggle the autoplay in the account settings menu. Cheers!

Cyphox32

Go on settings on the android app, and turn off autoplay

Marison

There is an option to toggle AutoPlay in the Spotify settings. This fixed it for me.

j9nep

I FIGURED IT OUT!!!

I have the iOS version, but I'm assuming it's the same for Android.

On the phone app, go to Settings (top right of the "Your Library" screen), then go to "Playback" and scroll all the way down. You'll see an "Autoplay" switch. Turn that off, and you should be all set!

snapmeister

Thank you all for your help and comments! It worked wonders and I'm now free of the irritating autoplay of Radio. Kudos to you all!

Blahblahblag

ugh finding the menu for settings is excruciatingly difficult. And the tag line underneath the option is ridiculous. 

BusterMcT

I love Spotify but this update really drove me bonkers.    It got to the point that I began using my Apple Music when going to sleep so that I wasn't raised from my sleep in the middle of the night because the darn music just wouldn't stop.

Spotify has the radio option.  If someoone wants to have uninterupted music that is where they should launch their listening session from.  If someone wants to queue up an album click on the album and select play. The album is all you'll get.  

I should not have had to go searching to find out how to turn this feature off. 

I'm going to give this "autoplay" change a go.

meahtenoha
Status changed to: Implemented
Updated: 2017-03-03

Hey folks. With Autoplay you don't ever have to stop the music. Once you reach the end of an album, playlist, or set of tracks, Spotify will automatically play a Radio station based on it. 

To see how to disable (or re-enable) this AutoPlay feature, click here. Thanks!