Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Music] Option to turn off automatic album radio after album finishes

After the last update on my Android, Spotify changed so that when an album ends, the album radio automatically begins instead of just going to silence. Tbh no idea how most people feel about this, but I usually listen to music by the album - it's important to me that the album ends as the artist intended. I don't want to it to just flow into other music. Especially since I don't really use the album radio feature to begin with. 

If this is something people want, there should at least be an option to turn it off. This is irritating enough I'd leave Spotify because of it. 

Updated: 2017-03-03

Hey folks. With Autoplay you don't ever have to stop the music. Once you reach the end of an album, playlist, or set of tracks, Spotify will automatically play a Radio station based on it. 

To see how to disable (or re-enable) this AutoPlay feature, click here. Thanks!

Comments
k_morgen

Yes, please – I want it disabled too – soon!

tucatapes

Very annoying feature, i would like to disable this. 

bluegiraffe

Don't uninstall Spotify, here is the SOLUTION:

You go into general settings of Spotify on your device, and turn off "autoplay".

After turning off autoplay, music will stop at the end of the album.

billradovich

if you have an iPhone, the auto play is indeed on the app now. turning it off solves the problem. yay!

mcartm2

This autoplaying of the radio station playlist based on the album I was listening to just started a few days ago for me. I have an iPhone. Either this is a new feature, or a recent update changed the setting of "autoplay" from off to on. Either way Spotify programmers or decision makers get a big **bleep**ing F for it. I had do a google search and that led me to the Spotify Community forum where I had to do further searches to find this thread. What a **bleep**ing waste of my time. And I pay the $10/month fee to have total control over my listening experience. I dont' expect this post to be read by anybody who matters at Spotify, but just in case - this pissed me off unnecesarily.  Just to repeat the solution for fuuture posters: 

...go into general settings of Spotify on your device, and turn off "autoplay".

After turning off autoplay, music will stop at the end of the album.

lamina9

Please, please make this feature optional or remove it altogether. It's really annoying.

I can't believe that someone actually asked for Spotify to behave in this way. If not, please focus on enhancements that users actually want.

mcartm2
Well, the feature is optional. You can turn it on. But apparently the most recent update turned it on for everybody. Look at posts above to see the easy solution. And yes, some Spotify coder must have flipped the switch and is eating humble pie about it now. Or should be.
Maddyrb

I HATE THIS FEATURE! I want to listen to an album and hear when it is done. Also I want to listen to an album when I go to sleep and then have it stop playing. It's a fun feature if I have the ability to turn it on and off. As it is, it's garbage.

**UPDATE: Turn off "autoplay" in settings.  It will fix this!

dudunas

This is the worst thing ever. Last night I put a very chill dubstep album  to get sleep to then I woke up 5am in the morning with the worrrsst version of "we are the world", now my day is ruined.

FigaroPinto

I've been surprised by this new feature. I find it rather irritating, and wish Spotify would give the option to disable.